conversing

the next day, chaeyoung was late.

fuck it's the second day of school and i'm already unorganised.

the blonde cursed as she struggled to pull on her knee high socks whilst simultaneously eating a piece of toast in her other hand.

"have a good day at school rosie!" her father called out as she shut the door behind her.

lugging her school bag from behind she dashed, sprinted almost, across her front lawn in the direction of the bus stop.

unfortunately the bus was already there, with the last few students clambering on.

shit shit shit.

she tried to accelerate but her efforts were in vain as she watched the bus drive off, leaving her behind in its dust.

she sighed deeply as she sat down on the bench and looked up.

20 minutes until the next bus. way to go chae.

she messaged her friend lisa to inform her of her late arrival before pulling up a webtoon to read in the meantime.

after what seemed like a decade, the next bus pulled in and she grudgingly got on and scanned her bus pass.

to her surprise the sleeping boy from yesterday was the only one on the bus and he was... sleeping.

i keep on running into him.

she sat across from him and tried to ignore his presence by focusing on the landscape outside but he was just too beautiful.

the way how his fluffy hair shrouded his sight of vision and his nose slowly sloped upwards, his defined lips slightly parted, the soft indents in his cheeks revealing his dimples.

she couldn't take her eyes off him.

he's sculpted by greek gods.

as the bus came to a halt by their school, she hesitantly tapped him on the shoulder, not wanting to disturb his nap.

"um, i think we need to go now." she tentatively suggested to the half awake boy.

he manages to nod before following after her towards the school.

"my name is park chaeyoung." she formally introduces herself after a pregnant silence.

"i'm jeong jaehyun." he replied back in a raspy tone.

"i think we're in the same class together."
"oh really? haha that's cool."
"we're so late but at least i don't have to suffer miss bae's wrath alone." she joked and he couldn't help but crack a grin.

their conversation came to an awkward halt at the classroom door as they waited to be scolded by miss bae. when she approached them, the pair exchanged a glance before returning to their prospective seats.

lisa linked arms as the younger girl sat down and class continued on.

i want to get to know him better.

he felt disoriented and out of it after his short nap. and on top of it all, a pretty girl called chaeyoung was talking to him.

he wished he could contribute more to their awkward conversation but he couldn't form any proper sentences this early in the morning. all he could do was try his best to listen.

she was fun to be around though.