Chapter 1

My day started like any other. I get up brush my teeth, change, and go to the park. But today was different. The air seemed colder and the streets seemed empty. Almost like people were hiding but it was fall break, many people had children so I shook it off and continued. I should have listened to my gut though. A large man, at least 6' with brown hair, begins to follow me down the road. Nervously i go into a coffee shop hopping it's my imagination but I am wrong. He waits for an hour for me to come out, thinking quickly I leave from the back. That was my worst mistake. Three large men were waiting for me and easily grabbed me. Before I could scream something was placed over my mouth and I passed out.

I'm unclear how long I had been passed out at this point but when I woke up my mouth was dry and I could smell the ocean air. My eyes adjusted to a poorly lit warehouse that seemed saying. As I try to move I feel chains on me. I'm strapped down to a chair and two men sit at a table across from me. The first one is skinny and seems to be shorter with black hair and tan skin. His eyes are a dark brown from what I can tell and he has a scruffy beard. The other man is the one who tailed me. His messy brown hair looked horrible and he had green eyes with a scar on his lip. He was clean shaved. As I look around I draw the attention of the skinny looking fellow.

"You can try to scream doll or escape but it isn't happening" His voice is deeper then I'd expected and catches me off gaurd. "Where am I?" I ask him, my red hair falling in my face. Both men chuckle at me and I go pale noticing the assortment of weapons placed on the table. As I think to my past, I had never taken out a loan, borrowed money, or so much as bumped into anyone. My heart starts to race in my chest as fear grapples at my heart. "W.what did I do?" My voice shakes as the tall one gets up and makes a call. I can just barely make out his description of me followed by shit. The skinnier man looks up at the tall one. "Boss is coming we made mistake" his accent is heavy and not American but I can't tell where it's from. They both look at me and sit back down. "If we grabbed the wrong broad again, he might take our heads Oleg" The skinny man states nervous. He gets up roughly grabbing my face and looking at it closely, then my arms. The taller man, I think is Oleg, shakes his head and looks around as if he's debating sometime. My stomach growls almost as if to break the tension as they both look towards me. "I'm sorry I haven't eaten for a while" I laugh horsley and look away.

I know it was probably minutes but it felt like hours in silence before I heard two vehicles pull up. My eyes look up to the warehouse's door in fear of who will walk through. Both men look at each other and gulp. I see Oleg pull at his shirt collar. It then hits me that both men are in suits and the only thing I can think of is old mafia movies. I was going to get wacked. My heart raced as a large group of 7 men entered the building. All we clad in suits that looked well pressed. This was going to be my end. No one who had pissed off the mafia had lived to tell about it. One men stepped in front of the rest, his tall stature making the rest look short and insignificant. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, ear piercings, his arms and neck covered in many colorful tattoos. As he goes to speak I can deal my heart pounding in my ears. "Oliver you say this is target. Lady Gloria Stipenhel" he walks over to me. Surprisingly gentle he looks at my face from side to side and shakes his head. "Wrong person. She has contacts. Lady has perfect vision also no tattoos" he points to my arm as I gulp and visibly shake. His accent thick but I can pinpoint it as Russian. "Well Viktor, boss, do we off her. She has seen to much" Oleg asks and stares at me.

"You girl, your name?" Viktor, their leader I assume, asks quietly. Everyone quietly stares at me as I try to speak. My voice squeaky and horse. "My name is Yuki hatagori" I pause as he has an associate pull out a computer and type something. "Date of birth" Viktor asks, his eyes staring into my soul although they seem to be more gentle. "December 16" I answer obediently. The man on the computer, skinny and bout 5'9 pushes his glasses up his nose. "Her record is spotless and no allibies or allies. No one would miss her" he says looking up at Viktor. My heart sinks as I close my eyes and breathe in slowly.

The men are staring at Viktor and it looks as though he's deep in thought. "If you want to kill me, I'll write a note for suicide so there will be no suspicions of foul play. I just ask you kill me quickly if I may" I speak breaking the silence. Viktor looking amused while his men almost seem in shock about how I have accepted this demise. "What good does it to kill you Yuki Hatagori? We let you go and you have no one to tell correct" Viktor asks me as the others seem shocked. "Correct I'm alone but honestly death is almost better" I look down at the ground and hear footsteps approaching. "We compromise, I need housework done, you get it done. You stay alive." Viktors cold voice sounding softer as I nodd concerned. "I..I can deal with that arrangement" I stutter still scared. One small round man about my height walks over to Viktor. "This ain't smart, she might try to run and go tell somebody" his southern drawl is thick and I quickly shake my head. "I won't I guarantee, out gaurds near me, a tracking monitor on my ankle, I won't mess up I swear" my words spew out of my mouth catching both me and the men by surprise.