Chapter 15

Khushi looked at a sleeping Arnav through the mirror. She trapped him in this game to take revenge on him but she herself wasn't aware why she felt extremely deprived when she saw him with Tia.

She didn’t want to fall in love with him again. She had trained herself so strongly to fall out of love, she has to take control over it.
She could see him stir in sleep and went towards the bed.

"Good Morning, boyfriend." She said kissed on his cheek.

Arnav opened his eyes and saw Khushi over him. The glimpses of past night revolved in his mind. He knew he was not happy in this forced relationship but he also knew how she affected him, how intensely she affected him.

"Do you really not love me, Khushi?" He demanded for an answer.

Khushi stopped and sat on the bed. Love? Love is another name of pain. And how dare he take the name of love? He is the one who has insulted the word to such an extent?

If this is another trick he was trying to play, then she swore, he could never resist her.

“Don’t try to lie,” Arnav said sitting on the bed. “Because last night I realised how much you love me. When we made love…”

“Don’t overthink. We didn’t make love. I have my needs, you are just a medium. That’s it.” She said coldly and left the room.

Arnav sat there, shocked. He couldn’t believe his ears. Was it really his Khushi? Was it only physical for her now? No emotions attached? No feelings, no love?

"We are going for a business party today." She ordered and Arnav sighed.

Though Khushi didn't like Mr. Khanna, their business rival, but considering it a rule to be a good business woman : not to show your emotions in the corporate world, she agreed to go the party. As soon as they reached the party hall, both came out of the car, Arnav gave the keys to guard to park the car. To his surprise, Khushi slid her arm in his. While she smiled, he sighed as usual.

An hour went by and Khushi suddenly felt uneasy. Ever since Arnav had left her sight, getting somewhere busy in the party, she had this unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Zoya, her assistant notoced her restlessness.

"Boss, is everything alright?" she asked.
Khushi nodded in a very unconvincing way. She couldn't explain his restlessness to Zoya when she herself did not know the reason for it.

"Do you want me to find Arnav?" she asked, taking Khushi by surprise. "I mean... Arnav Sir."

Zoya was amused by the look on Khushi's face.

"I'll call him. " Khushi said and excused herself.
______
Arnav came out of the washroom after cleaning the drink that was spilled on his shirt. An associate did it by mistake. To his utter shock, suddenly Tia jumped on his arms.

“Tia?” he called with confusion.

Her hands startes roaming around his back, shoulder and neck seductively. Realising, Arnav tried his best to push her away, and after several attempts, he was out of her hold.

"What the hell?" he said as he pushed her away. "What are you doing?"

"What I always wanted to," she said in a seductive voice as she held his face. "I can do anything for you, Arnav."

"Stop being a bitch, Tia. Don't forget I have a wif… girlfriend." he pushed her away again.

"I don't care, Arnav. I want you. Right now,” she pulled him close, placing her mouth on his.

*Snap. Snap. Snap.*

But he pushed her away Instantly. Hot white anger took over him and he slapped her making her fall on the ground.

"You have gone mad. Just stay away from me. " Arnav warned.

He rushed out of the room in anger when his phone rang.

"Khushi calling" it read.

"Hi," Arnav said breathlessly and Khushi frowned but the next moment her thoughts began to race as she heard him breathing into the phone; imagining both of them breathing heavily as they made love. Like really, how can she even think of that as love? It was sex and would always be.

“Where are you?” Arnav asked, bringing Khushi out of her trance.

“At the gate. Ready to leave.”

“I’ll be there in a minute.”

"Why are you panting like this, Arnav?" Khushi asked in a strained voice seeing him still out of breath.

"Nothing," he said, trying to hold his breath. “I just ran through, didn’t want you to wait longer. Nothing else.”

He didn't want to tell her about Tia's cheap act. He was feeling angry and disgusted but he didn't want her to realise that.

But you were panting when we were on the call, she wanted to say but didn’t.

"Why did you remove this?" She asked seeing he was not wearing his coat and holding it. "Its a centralised AC hall, not hot at all."

"Rehaan Qureshi spilled drink on it by mistake. I went to clean it," Arnav answered.
Let’s go?”

“Yeah,” Khushi said as she walked towards the car, her heart was still restless.

____

That's all for today :)