twelve. you drive me crazy in the loveliest way

Volume One.

xii. you drive me crazy in the loveliest way.

Estella, Miguel, Aisha, and Hawk sat on the mats as they stretched

Estella, Miguel, Aisha, and Hawk sat on the mats as they stretched. Estella's complaints filled the ears of many students. "My limbs hurt, I'm tired."

Johnny rolled his eyes in his office. He didn't understand how Estella was his best fighter because she was the laziest person he had ever met.

Back in the main dojo, Estella and Hawk made eye contact, having a silent conversation with their eyes. Miguel caught sight of the pair, clenching his fists. He felt that feeling he'd grown accustomed to in the pit of his stomach.

Estella and Hawk turned to Aisha and Miguel simultaneously. "We have something to show you," Estella beamed, pointing to herself and Hawk.

The feeling in Miguel's stomach intensified. They were a we now?

Estella motioned for Hawk to stand, and the boy complied. He turned so his back was facing them, and Aisha and Miguel gaped at the sight of his bare back after he removed his gi. On his skin was a huge tattoo of a Hawk with a Mohawk.

"How?!" Aisha exclaimed. It was a rare sight to see. The most shy person you know coming out of their shell and getting a huge ass tattoo on their back.

"I know a guy, just hooked me up with this bad boy," Hawk smirked as he flexed his stomach muscles in the mirror.

"He also gave someone else a tattoo, right Stell?" Hawk sent a pointed look at the girl. Miguel felt his skin become red hot, the feeling spreading.

He knew he had no right to be feeling like this because he didn't own Estella.

Estella turned toward Aisha and Miguel with a wide grin. Moving the baby hairs away, she revealed a tattoo behind her right ear. There were stars etched onto the skin. Aisha and Miguel gawked at the sight.

Estella chuckled at their expressions. "Oh, that's not all." She got up, pulling the right shoulder of her gi down to showcase another tattoo.

This one was larger than the other one, and the stars brought out the freckles on her skin. There was a cresent moon surrounded by stars. Her freckles made it seem like an entire galaxy.

The ink upon her skin made it seem as though she wanted to capture the galaxy and keep it for an eternity. However, she didn't need to because she was a star on her own. She shone brighter than any sun or star. Every constellation watched in envy, wishing they could shine as bright. That is why she was Estella, a star. Anyone and everyone was drawn to the bright light that never flickered or dimmed.

Estella retied her gi before Aisha spoke up, her eyes flickering between the pair. "Wait. Are your parents okay with this?"

"Oh, they have no idea. Definitely gonna have to wear a T-shirt until college, probably longer. Please don't tell them," Hawk begged.