.2

We're all walking into the changing rooms after the game has ended. I can hear the thudding of peoples studs of the floor and the chatting and laughter of my team.

Suddenly a voice sounds over everything. "Great game out there girls, absolutely outstanding work." Gemma Hayes shouts. "Terrific to come out with a 3-1 win over Tottenham." There's cheers "I would just like to congratulate Naomi on getting Player Of The Match, and on scoring that beauty of a goal." Everyone cheers and claps for me. "Well again congratulations on the win today girls it was well deserved now go home and rest." It goes silent as Emma leaves but then everyone erupts into chatter and they start talking amongst themselves.

Soon I am ready to leave so I start saying my goodbyes to all the girls and they all congratulate me on my award, but I don't even feel a slight bit of joy from the award and the praise I'm getting, I just want to get rid of it so I go over to Guro Reiten and I hand her the trophy.

"Hey Nai, what are you doing?" She asks me. "Look Guro you played so much better than me you deserve this way more than me." I answer her. She tries to fight me on it but I wont give in and she ends up thanking me profoundly and keeping the trophy. I feel a sense of relief after giving the award away and I'm so happy I did it.

After leaving I go out to my car to go back to my flat. As soon as I enter my flat my energy completely disappears and I realise how tired and fed up I am. I slowly make my way over to the sofa and sit down and switch the TV on. I don't even know what I've put on but I stare at the wall and just zone out. I suddenly jolt up after realising I'd fallen asleep on the sofa and don't bother checking my phone or doing my teeth I just get up, go straight to bed and just pass out.

I wake up and check the time, 11:36am. I'm relieved at the fact that it's recovery today because otherwise I would be in deep shit for being this late. All I can think about is that game last night and dread the next one coming up so I get up and go downstairs to make myself a cup of tea and some breakfast to distract myself. I turn the kettle on then put some beans on to cook and start scrambling some eggs. I finish my eggs, beans and tea so I get my phone out and start scrolling through all my social media apps. I see a post come up so I scroll through the pictures and then I see some comments that capture my attention.

The official Chelsea Women's page has posted some pictures from the game against Spurs last night and I'm in one of them.

@User1: Has anyone else noticed that Naomi looks so sad in her picture?
@User2 : Someone check up on Naomi Thomas, she doesn't look okay.
@User3 : Is @NaiThomas5 alright?

I immediately turn my phone off and put it face down on the table infront of me. 'Shit, is it that obvious?' I start to feel the tears come. My eyes sting. There's a lump in my throat.

Someone help me.

Please.

A/N
Idk how to feel about this.
I feel like this chapter is too small.