PROLOGUE ♡︎

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

11 years ago...

"Ay? Y/N? Wake up, boy. Wash your face, brush your teeth. You got school." The boy woke up to the voice of his mother. Despite being seven, he restrained from swatting her hand from his face. She lightly slapped his cheek, her brown skin contrasting nicely in the dim light of the singular dying orange light bulb in his lamp.

"Yes, ma'am.." He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his eyes, stumbling out of bed, out of the door and into the bathroom, where he went to do as told. His mother stayed behind to get clothes for him, as one did at this age when your momma still dressed you.

"M/N?" His father, the tired man, called from the hall as he walked into the room. "Yeah?" She replied, pulling a long sleeve shirt and a plaid patterned shirt to go over it out of the closet. Putting it on the bed and closing the door, deciding it would be best if there was as much wall between their conversation and their son as possible. It seemed most of their conversations these days were financial.

"I... I lost one of my jobs today." The man said. The blow could've been softened, but he was never one to play around. A trait his son inherited from him. M/N didn't get a chance to answer F/N. "Listen, I know, but we don't got the money to stay here. And I don't know how to tell him that, so I ask that while I figure this out for us. That you do, please?" F/N had a begging kind of look in his eyes as he spoke.

"Duck-" Y/N's mother began to refuse. Using the tactic of calling him by his nickname instead of just hitting him with a, 'Nigga no!' But Y/N walked in the room and F/N flashed M/N a smile, shrugging and hugging the boy. Also wishing him a good day at school.
He had to leave for his next shift at his other job anyway. "Wife." He smiles at her one last time, kissing her on the cheek and walking out of Y/N's door. "Bye, dad.." Y/N mumbled after him. Slipping his first shirt over his head, just barely hearing as his mother called his father a 'fuck nigga?' Whatever that is.

He pulled the second shirt over his head, and his jeans on. His mom walked out after that, figuring he could put on a pair of Converse or Nikes without assistance. She was correct, he pulled the black ones on and tied them. Brushing his hair in the mirror only for a minute before grabbing his backpack. "Jr.!" He heard his mother call for him. And saw that as a cue to leave his room. He walked out, hands in his pockets.

🔫 ♫ ◷ ♫ 🔫

Billie was awake already. But when her mother walked into her room and flicked that bright white light on, she still managed to hiss sure she was awake but just barely. She groaned and turned away. But smiled and giggled as Maggie, her mother, gave her a hug.