𝟤| 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖺𝖼𝗄

CHAPTER TWO:

THE FIRST ATTACK

THE SUN FINALLY set in the town of Woodsboro, the crickets chirping all throughout the grass as people kept put in their homes, too scared to go out after the brutal murders of Casey and Steve

THE SUN FINALLY set in the town of Woodsboro, the crickets chirping all throughout the grass as people kept put in their homes, too scared to go out after the brutal murders of Casey and Steve. The moon shined through the windows of the houses in the neighborhoods, curtains closing to make sure no one was peaking through.

The Prescott household was quiet as no lights could be seen on, showing that the people inside were probably sleeping. The steps were creaking loudly as Y/n moved down the stairs after she had gotten out of the shower, thankful to Sidney for letting her stay at her home while the police investigated her house and Sidney's dad was gone for the time being.

The girl had just gotten off the phone with Tatum, who her and Sidney had been talking to earlier as they talked about Tatum staying the night as well, the Riley girl talking about how practice went late and she was heading to the video store. Seeing the lights were all off, the girl turns on the living room light when she notices Sidney sleeping on the couch.

Whispering out her name, Y/n moves to crouch beside the couch as she gently shakes the Prescott girl awake. The brunette jumps awake, relaxing once she notices who it was in front of her. Moving her bangs out of the way, she rubs her forehead with a tired sigh as Y/n lets out an apology for startling her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Y/n tells her.

Sidney sighs, sitting up. "It's alright. Where's Tatum? How come she's not here yet?"

"Practice ran late, so she's heading to the video store and then she's on her way." Y/n informs, noticing how tense the girl was. "Sid, you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just..." Sidney begins, rubbing her forehead. "All the news reporters and the police, it brings back deja vu."

Y/n rubs her arm gently. "I'm sorry, Sid."

The girl only shrugs as she looks up to make eye contact with one of her best friends, the two girls staring at one another with small smiles on their faces. Sidney gently rests her head on top of Y/n's as she gives her hand a squeeze just when the phone rings. Thinking it's Tatum, Y/n grabs the phone and puts it to her ear.

"Tatum, just get in the car--" Y/n starts.

"Hello, Y/n." A deep voice greets, interrupting her.

At the sound of this, her body tenses as she moves the phone away from her ear, staring at the phone in confusion while Sidney stares at her curiously. Her fingers moves to the speaker button on the phone, holding it close enough for both her and Sidney to hear.