Chapter 9

Hello lovely people!

Guess who woke up from the writing slumber 😗

Thank you everyone for the amazing words while I needed some time off.

It is a little hard writing anything after the wild last couple months I had. I really hope you all like what I tried to come up with and that my deluded romantic fantasies are still going strong. I am going to end the story in the next 2-3 chapters as I'd like to complete it and not keep stretching. Hopefully would be back with brand new khayali pulaos soon ❤️

And as always,

Happy Reading ✨

----------------------------------

9

" Tu Hi Mera Jeevan, Tu Hi Jeene Ka Sahara "

Anwar hugged his lost in thought wife as she walked back to their hotel room.

"Where did you come from?" she asked

"I followed to save Asad from your wrath but stopped when I saw you had it under control" She wiped a stray tear hiding at the corner of his eye.

"What is it?" Zeenat whispered concerned.

"I am so proud of you" Her frown deepened with her husband's smile.

He lovingly tucked a hand under her chin "You, today, standing here reciting your concern for our Zoya in such a way makes my heart swell with pride. Your thoughtfulness; making sure his actions are not guilt-ridden, and not covering it with a 'ladkon se galtian ho jati hain'. Before Akram, I saw the concern in your eyes too but at that time it was more for the societal concept of marriage. It's made me fall so much more in love with you, seeing you grow and understand the fragility of relations in such a way."

The stunned wife nodded in reassurance. She had wronged her daughter once with an atrocity named Akram; she would never do it again. If that meant Asad getting offended and walking away, so be it. She had thrown her "ladke waale hain" mentality where it belonged, in the bin, and rightfully started thinking about her girl's happiness.

After all they were ladki waale, and had to make sure their ladki was loved right.

"I thought you were team Asad." she teased deflecting the emotions and love for him brimming in her eyes.

"I'm team us." he said placing his forehead against her.

🌼 🌼 🌼

Zoya paced and paced. Aapi's anger had put her on edge, or maybe it was hers.

They had a great evening, he had danced for her, with her, cooked for her, nursed her wounds, tended to her with care.

And she was... angry?!

Her heart tonight was hanging by a thread. Any more strings pulled, and she would fall down the cliff.

It was no joke.

No joke, that she would be married to this man in a matter of days.

Married.

In. Days.

They both now knew; it was a make-or-break day tomorrow.

The final date. The date of answers.