Damsel in Distress

David's POV

I've been in my dad's car shop for the last hour. Not much happens so I've just been eating and chilling while I waited for one of our clients' car's paint job to dry.

Oh the fun and exciting life of David. I literally just watch paint dry.

Then the phone rang. Not my phone but the company's phone. Sigh. What would someone want now?

I picked up the phone and said, "Charlie's Auto Repair. How can we help you?"

"Um, my car broke down. I just need a tow truck but since I was taking the back roads to the mall I'm kind of stranded."

"You sound like a friend of mine." I said thinking of Collie.

The girl cleared her throat and spoke an octave lower.

"What do you mean?" She tried to speak to a manly voice.

"Collie? Is that you?"

•••
Colleen's POV

Panic. I was panicking.

"Um, er yeah, hey, David." I inwardly grimaced at how awkward I sounded.

"I knew it was you! I'm going to drive the tow truck over. Just send me the location."

I had instinctively grabbed my iPhone and now I was eternally grateful having done so. I soon realized I had some major dilemmas.

1. David didn't have my number to my iPhone.
2. I didn't have his number.
3. I wasn't Collie.

I quickly redialed. "Charlie's Auto Repair. How can we-"

"Hey, David! Um, I don't have your number."

David rattled off his number and I sent him my location. I was wound tightly in a web of lies and I hoped he didn't question the different number.

To be continued...