The News

I sat on my new bed in the new room watching on my new TV. I was flicking through the channels to find something good to watch. I found the news and decided to watch it. My dad walked in with a cup of cold milk and still warm chocolate chip cookies. He sat next to me and put the cookies on the bed. I took the cup and put it on my nightstand.
"Thanks dad." I said.
"No problem." He replied, putting his arm around me. I heard something about Captain Man on the TV and started to watch.
"Captain Man: Is he good or evil? Some citizens say they saw Captain Man push an innocent young lady off a four and a half story building. Let's see what this lady says she saw." Said a reporter. He had short brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a black suit. The screen changed to a young lady, maybe 20, standing in front of the place I almost died at. She had blonde hair and green eyes. She wore a light blue jumpsuit.
"I was driving and I saw something fall from the top of the building. I looked up to see Captain Man alone. He was just standing there. The I saw that the object was a girl! I tried to steer away from her because I was heading straight for her head. I ended up running over her leg and crashing into a fire hydrant." She said. Then it went back to the reporter.
"Speaking of Captain Man, there's a rumer going around that Captain Man has a daughter! No one knows for sure if its true, and everyone wants to know who the girl is." He said. I turned off the TV and looked at my dad. I didn't have to say anything. He just hugged me.

*****

"You need to eat." Said my dad.
"I'm not hungry." I said for the tenth time.
"You haven't eaten anything for the past week!" He said, trying to make me eat some nachoes. It was true though. I got no food for three days when I was kidnapped, then I didn't eat at the hospital because I was asleep most of the time, and now, I wasn't hungry. I haven't eaten the cookies or any of the food he gave me.
"Dad, I'm not hungry. I don't want to eat." I said, pushing away the nachoes.
"You should be starving. What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Nothings wrong. I'm not hungry!" I yelled. Just then, the elevator came down and Henry stepped out.
"Sorry I'm late. I had family problems." He said, sitting next to me.
"Henry, can I speak to you in private?" My dad asked. I rolled my eyes.
"Uh, sure." He replied, a little confused. They went to the corner of the room.
"She hasn't eaten all week and I can't get her to eat." My dad wispered.
"What's wrong?" Henry asked.
"I don't know. She says she's just not hungry." Dad replied.
"You know I can still hear you, right?" I said. They looked at me.
"It doesn't matter. You still need to eat!" Said my dad. They came and sat down on either side of me.
"Maya, what's wrong? Why won't you eat?" Henry asked.
"I'm. Not. Hungry." I said. He put his hand on my knee.
"You need to eat. Your body needs fuel." He said.
"Why won't you leave me alone!" I yelled. I got up and went to my room. I locked the door and flopped on my bed.
I didn't know why they were being so fussy about me eating. I wasn't hungry, I didn't want to eat, and yet, they still tried to force me to eat.
There was a knock on my door.
"I'm not going to eat!" I said.
"I'm not going to make you eat." Said the person. It was Henry.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"I promis." He replied. I pressed a button to unlock the door. Henry came in. He didn't have any food, which was good.
"I'm sorry we tried to make you eat." He said, sitting on my bed. "We're just really worried about you and want you to be healthy."
"I'm fine. You guys don't have to worry." I said. Although, when I thought about it, I did feel a little hot and dizzy, but it was probably nothing.
"Do you wanna come out now?" He asked.
"Sure." I replied, standing up.
I was halfway to the couch when I felt really dizzy and I fell over.