Paradise Iowa

I pull the blade across my wrist, as the blood slowly begins to flow. The dark red blood slowly runs down my arm, and I watch it without a single flinch. I deserve this, I deserve to die. I slowly remove the knife from my wrist and examine its bloody blade. The jet black handle is as dark as my soul. My hazel eyes slowly glint in the moonlight as I flash back to yesterday.

I pulled my hat down a little lower to hide the scars on my cheek as I went to work. ANother day in the hell of MacDonald's. My boss approached me and asked me what was wrong when he saw the scars. I shrugged and told him nothing was wrong. I was fine. This was a daily occurence. I silenty screamed out for help inside, but I knew he wouldn't care even if I told him. He nodded and went back to being lazy in his office. I slowly put my name tag on and went to terh register to take orders. Things were already running slowly, and each customer who came forth was even more angry than the previous. My smile slowly disappeared and my contentness slowly started to fade. A woman of maybe 30 years, wlaked forth with an angry look uopon her face, holding forth her hamburger. I knew she would expect free food. She demanded ketchup, I slowly clenched my fists beneath the counter. She was 300m pounds, she didn't need ketchup, she needed a salad. I walked back and sighed, but I just couldn't take it any longer. I grabbed a bag of ketchup and flung it at her and it exploded into a red shower. I didn't even acknowledge the woman I had drenched in crappy tomato paste, but just walked outside and got into my car and drove. I was going to run away, today was the day. And I slowly pictured her, Sadie, the most perfect girl to ever come into my messed up life. I dialed her number, and all I remember saying was, "I'm running, meet you in 15 minutes, I love you," then before I knew it, I was there.

"Michael, are you coming?", she playfully said as she looked at me gazing at her. She was so beautiful. I was the luckiest man alive. She hugged me and handed me my bags, and then the keys. I smiled and softly kissed her cheek. Then I gently pulled my sleeves down to hide the scars. She couldn't know about the abuse. She would be scared off. I could handle it for her. I hopped in and she slid in beside me, never once asking me where we were headed, just happy to be along for the ride with me. A real smile crossed my lips for the first time today. She gently started to sing to the radio and put her feet up on the dashboard, dancing happily and extending my hand for her to hold. We drove in silence for the longest time, and finally she broke the silence and said "I love you Michael". I looked over into those deep green eyes and squeezed her hand in mine tighter, and whispered back, "I love you too." 

I looked up as a blaring screech deafened me. A blue semi was careening out of control towards us. I swerved, but not soon enough. The metal crashed upon us, and glass shattered around us. I let go of the wheel and closed my eyes, as our car rolled out of control, flipping multiple times. I don't even remeber having time to scream. The wreckage came to a screeching halt, and I opened my eyes. Blood slowly poured form my head, and I looked over at Sadie. I nearly puked, as I saw I was still holding her hand, but it was no longer connected to her body. Her arm lie there, and her staring at me through a blood soaked face. She tried to speak, but nothing came out but gasps for air. An arm reached through and grabbed my shoulder. I fought back, I had to save her. I had no strength left to fight. She tried to scream, but silence was all that was heard. I finally succumed to the pulling, with an outstrecthed hand, I looked into those beautiful eyes one last time, screaming out "I love you!," but nothing came out. I slowly looked up at who had pulled me from the carnage. The man appeared intoxicated, and he had been driving the semi. It was my own father. I slowly blacked out.

I awoke in the hospital bed screaming. The doctors rushed to my side. I calmed down, then I remebered. "Is she ok? Where's Sadie?," I asked franticly. They told me she had been killed, as they slowly gave mme tranquilizers and I drifted back out of conscieness as tears streamed down my face.

It was about two weeks later, as they released me to go free. I slowly walked outside to my rental car and drove it home. I knocked upon the door and tried to open it. Locked out, from my own home. My own father, hadn't even come see his son in the hospital. I heard him coming to open the door. I slowly grasped the handle of my knife in my hand. He would pay for his sins. He would pay greatly. He opened the door and I looked into those steel grey eyes, as they stared back at me. "What are you doing here, going to kill another girl?," he spoke as a devilsh smile wrapped his lips. I gripped the handle tighter. I was going to enjoy this. He had abused me my entire life, I was always a failure in those steely eyes. Well there would be bloodshed, he would bleed his sins out. "I asked you what the fuck you're doing her, and did that whore live?" I had never yelled before, I had always taken it. But not this time, "She wasn't a whore you son-of-a-bitch. and YOU killed her you drunk bastard!" I pulled the knife out and lunged forward at his throat. he reacted and shoved me to the ground. The his steel toe boots kicked the side of my face. A crushing pain went through my entire body. I slowly stood, he kicked my ribs, knocking me back into the dirt and blood. "You just don't get it do you? You are just a mistake. You always were. Just go kill yourself and do the world a favor kid." I lie there, breathing heavily as his words spoke, and he turned around to leave me there. I gripped the knife and shakily got up. I lunged with all my strength, and jabbed the blade deep into the side of his neck, and twisted as he gasped for breath, and drowned in his own blood. I wasn't going to die without killing him, and mking iowa a little more of a paradise. "Now who is weak? Who has control now?," I muttered as he writhed and then I pulled the blade out, and let him fall, gasping. I kicked him once in the ribs. No tears were shed as I slowly walked inside.

I pull the blade across my wrist, as the blood slowly begins to flow. The dark red blood slowly runs down my arm, and I watch it without a single flinch. I deserve this, I deserve to die. I slowly remove the knife from my wrist and examine its bloody blade. The jet black handle is as dark as my soul. I had taken a life. But he had taken my one true love from me. I slowly lifted the knife and turned it upon myself and thrusted it into my heart like a dagger. If she wasn't here, I would come to her. I loved her, and forever would. I slowly screamed out my final words of "I love you too", as I dropped to the floor in a pool of black blood, as black as the soul of all whom had hurt me.