Chitter 8

⚠️WARNING: ABUSE, GORE, AND VIOLENT SCENES. SKIP PAST THE ITALICS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS TOPIC⚠️

"Ryoma, you understand why I do this to you, right?" a kind gentle voice filled with sinister meanings in a hushed tone. There Ryoma stood, in front of his gentle looking mother. She had long rough gray hair put up in a neat-looking bun, her bright yellow eyes showing a grinning gaze.

Ryoma had just been whipped, lashed at, and had been thrown around like a ragdoll. His whole entire body had fresh wounds and old scars with large bruises. His body felt warm from the blood covering his body.The pain felt normal to him by now. He's been living like this for 7 years, since he was 3 years old.

Ryoma nodded at his mother's question.

"I do this because I love you," his mother then proceeded to slap his face with her sharp nails with enough force to send him flying and crashing through the kitchen, causing a giant hole the size of his body in the kitchen counter. His older wounds started to open back up.Ryoma's powers hasn't manifested yet so he couldn't heal the wounds he had to bear. His bones couldn't break though, so he was always forced to get back up.

Ryoma slowly got up from the ground and rubble of the kitchen counter. He smiled at his mother happily, knowing how much she "loved" him. Of course he knew she didn't love him. He had to act until his older brother came home to mend to his wounds. If he rebelled like he did in the past against his mother, he would get an even worse beating..

. . . . .

Ryoma woke up with sweat rolling down his face. He hadn't had a nightmare of the past since he was much younger. It was unusual why they were suddenly coming back... Ryoma took time calming down in silence on his bed. But he still felt like he was in the nightmare. He couldn't get this random creepy singing out of his head.

Half an hour passed and he didn't get the singing out of his head. He eventually figured out it was just Kanato. He just had a nightmare and Kanato's ghostly singing echoing through the abnormally large hallway didn't make him feel any better. Ryoma sighed and angrily kicked his blankets off of his body.

'Did he forget that people live in this fucking house!?' Ryoma anrgily thought. Ryoma kicked his door open while wrapping like a burrito in his blanket. He stomped down the corrider.

Before he could turn the knob that led to the balcony where Kanato was, Yui opened the door herself and ran inside. Ryoma stepped back in shock.

"Wait where you going!" Ryoma called after Yui, chasing her down the stairs to wherever she was going. They ran to one of the doors in the back of the house and slammed open the doors. There outside in the backyard was Kanato's body on the ground.

"Kanato-kun! Are you okay?!" Yui asked in worry, crouching down to Kanato. Ryoma huffed in annoyance. 'At least the source of the singing is too busy with Yui to continue singing,' Ryoma thought.

"You stupid human, of course I'm ok!" Kanato said while getting up, "If only it were that easy to die." Yui looked down in slight embarrassment. Kanato glanced at Ryoma and blushed but quickly turned away from him.

"Anyways, Yui you can go back to your room or whatever. Ryoma come with me," Kanato said in a demanding tone. I blankly stare at him and tilt my head slightly to the side.

"Why should I go with you? I want to go back to my room too.." He grumbled. Two options, sleep, or go to probably some creepy place with Kanato, who's still untrustworthy. What do you think is better/safer?