-Chapter 1-

Hey ^w^

This is my first X reader, so please bear with me and note that this leans a little more platonic at times, and there is NOTHING saucy here... take your dirty brain elsewhere please -_-

Do keep in mind this is made for young adults so there are gonna be things like murder, arson, cannibalism and death mentioned, as well as some strong curse words. Please click off now if you're uncomfortable. If you continue anyways DO NOT WHINE TO ME ABOUT IT! YOU ARE READING AT YOUR OWN RISK THROUGH POSSIBLY TRIGGERING TOPICS. I WARNED YOU.

Anyways... have fun ~ Dusk

-----------Reader's POV-----------

You woke up in a cold room that smelled like roses. The walls towered above your head and ended at a point, suggesting the rough-hewn stone bricks were making up a tower. Navy curtains fluttered in a slight breeze from a large cracked window. What it overlooked you couldn't see from the posh queen bed with silky satin sheets and pillows. Bandages pulled tight covered what you guessed was a wound on your right arm, and were stained a thin pink with what appeared to be blood, the edging that showed through tinged purple and olive green with bruises. Every shift felt like knives stabbing all around your body. At long last, you slid out of the bed and crept barefoot across the frigid stone floors, just barely warm from a plush golden carpet. As you grabbed a highly-detailed brass knob to open the door, you tried to think back to how you got there in the first place. The pounding of hooves. A dark figure shrouded in mist, with massive horns that curled back behind their head, a pointed tail whipping against their side as they picked you up. The smell of gunpowder and blood. Everything else was wrapped in a thick fog, and trying to strain past gave you a headache. Eventually, you gave up and  quietly opened the door, poking your head out carefully into what looked like a long hallway full of doors. However, before you made up your mind which way to go you heard voices... and so decided to follow them. There was no carpet and dim lighting. And cold.... bitterly so. Before long the stone hall opened up into a wide, tall room filled with torches and windows and curtains that fluttered in the warm breeze. A massively tall demonic-looking man sat on a golden throne, surveying the room. Gold-plated horns curved skyward like tree branches behind his head and glittered in the fire. His skin was almost sheet white, and narrowed, pupilless red eyes seemingly never missed anything going on below. Long, silky lavender hair fell a ways down his indigo robe and crimson scarf, almost perfectly framing the point of his chin and fang-like marks around the eyes. Instead of normal legs you were shocked to discover black-furred golden hooves. One hand rested again his cheek, and you could see sharp black nails. The other lay on an armrest, the nails covered by golden taloned caps. Odd gold bars lined from his chest to his stomach. You had no idea if they were a kind of piercing or what they were for.

"I assure the payment is secure on your end?" His voice was laced with boredom and had all the dignity of a king ruling his city.

"Yes, my lord. Everything is set and ready for your plan to be in motion." You couldn't see who was talking but they had a metallic tinge to their voice and seemed to be overlain with reluctance. Whoever this "lord" was waved them away, and you judged that it was okay to step out. As soon as you left the safety behind he turned his head to look at you. His eyes didn't even shift, and instead of yelling he got up and crept down the plushily carpeted steps, hooves clopping against the tough worn stone. He towered over you and it took every ounce of strength not to flinch as the demon bent down and lifted up your chin.

"Hello there... I see you have recovered. How are you feeling?"

"Okay...." You looked into his bloodred eyes, "What happened..? I-if I may ask, sir."

The lord tilted his head to the side and clasped his hands in front of him, robe fluttering and mouth twitching into a smile.

"We... do not yet know. I found you passed out in the rose garden, and one of the guards brought it to my attention, so I carried you in myself and let the maids take care of you. Although I am glad to see that you seem to be in good state of health!"