Chapter 3: Dilemma of the Lonely

Running towards his home, Daigo Kurogami ponders on his previous battles, as the sun sets slowly.

"I lost to Ukyo back in the Dojo."

"I lost to Valt and Rantaro in our battle royale."

....

"What if I lose in the Regionals, to that Locke Shuen?"

He thinks back to Locke Shuen's battle.

"Lustrous Libra, with a Burst Finish! Locke Shuen wins!", the referee announces, as the crowd roars.
"Locke Shuen has blown away his opponents with one single strike! Is he gonna do the same to every one of his opponents?!", Hanami shouts.

"He seems skilled. Maybe even as skilled as Wakiya, Valt, and Piper."
"Shu might even lose a point or two against him, even without the injury."
"I don't know. I defeated mine with a single strike too, but..."

...

"He might get the upper hand."

...

"He'll probably get the upper hand."

...

"He'll probably win."

...

"Not if you cheat again."

Daigo is startled as he hears a familiar voice. He turns and looks around for anyone, but he seems to be the only one in the area.

"Who's there?", Daigo shouts.

No one answers. He hears faint voices, but it seems just like normal chatter between neighbors.

"How did they know I cheated before? But...", Daigo thinks.
"Was there really someone there?

*Beyblade Burst OP starts, english or japanese whichever you prefer.
except Piper is in the shots.

--- Meanwhile, back at the park stadium ---

"Something's off about Daigo.", Shu tells Piper.
"Yeah, I noticed."
"Daigo has always been, towards the quiet side per se, and I'm not that close friends with him.", Shu says. "He's closer friends with Valt and the others."

"Yeah, I can understand that. I saw his battle with Valt in the Tournament, while I was away. Tying 11 times was crazy. I can't remember a battle I ever watched that lasted that long.", Piper remarks.
"But...", Shu starts, and raises his eyebrow at Piper.
"...he's quieter, and he keeps staring into space, lost in his own world.", Piper continues.
"Exactly.", Shu says. Now I don't want to worry Valt, so let's keep this between us 3 of us for now. Knowing him, he'll go straight to Daigo, and in the process, make him even more reclusive..."

"...since Valt would probably do that, yeah.", Piper completes. "You're right.", she sighs. "I hope it's nothing that bad. Is there anything that might get him down that you know of?"

"Ryota, his brother, is hospitalized..."

"Oh no! Is he...?", Piper exclaims.

"Don't worry, it's not that serious. He's just slightly bedridden, and it's curable.", Shu assures.