C1- The Talk

Conner Smith, a boy born as African American, japanese, Irish, and Hispanic, lived in Hoonah Alaska. A world he was brought into, appropriated being anything but heterosexual and he was.

Conner lays on his bed with his hands resting behind his head, looking up at all the tapestrys'of either gay rockstars or some inspiring texts that mean absolutely nothing to him. Why could he only have  the choice of liking boys.. why not a girl?.. they are pretty too? So what's different?. He continued to lay in his bed, the same thoughts racing his head about why he couldn't like the opposite gender. It wasn't fair to him. Of course he watched porn and saw what his mother has, but watching people do things that he has is just to boring.. Why not try something new? So what if I was attracted to a vagina or whatever they call it.. That makes him slowly sit up on his bed, covering his face with his palms. "Why do I think like this.. Why can't I just be normal?.." he murmured softly before a thought came to his brain. What if I told my step mom? Would she get it? He thought to himself before slowly getting up and reaching for the door handle of his bedroom.

Conner slowly opens the door and peaks his head out to look down the staircase. He doesn't see much but he slowly makes his way out of his bedroom and walks down the stairs of his 3 story house, slowly caressing the handrail going down. He soon yelled to one of his mothers, "Stepmom, I need to talk to you!"

He noticed his stepmom on the first floor, she was bent over while he began to talk. "Stepmom, I think I'm attracted to women." She looked up at him, she seems surprised but also excited.