The man in the uniform

It's was hard after stepmom left. Mother hadn't spoken to me about anything in the past few weeks. I felt alone. No "Good mornings" or "Goodnights" have been told to me as if mother hates me. I understand why she would hate me. I get why she would not want me as a son anymore because her wife had some sexual attraction to me.

Sitting on my bed, I watch some random video on my phone, something about how the democrats want to keep such a controlling law. It was quiet before I heard my mother speaking to someone downstairs. It caught my attention when I heard a male voice speaking. The voice was loud, very loud and full of pride. I raise an eyebrow before, shifting my position in the bed before I heard my name being called by the voice of my mother. I slowly stand and hesitantly reach for the door handle, twisting open the knob and peak my head out behind the door.

What stood downstairs would change my life forever. Of course I wouldn't get that now, but it will sure change my view of being gay. A man, looking 6'2, stands at the bottom of the staircase. He's dressed in a army uniform head to toe with black boots frail dirt along the carpet. His head turned to look at me from up the stairs, a smile growing on my face. My mother who stands beside him looks at me with a worried expression. "Conner, this is Sergeant John Marvin. He is going to be your squad leader." She spoke in a serious tone, her arms crossed over her chest. "M-mom.. What is this?.." Conner asks, his voice cracking a but. Mother lets out a loud sigh a shakes her head. "I signed you up for boot camp.. I should have told you earlier." She murmurs in a tone that sounds disappointed and regretful. She looks away and looks up at the man in the military uniform. "He's all yours."