chapter 11

Third-person point of view.

.
.
.
.

"Holy shit."

She fell on the floor once again. It was no use her technique was horrible. She couldn't stop thinking about her interaction with Satoru. He had grown even more handsome than the last time she saw him, but she hated him so much now.

"That stupid mother fucker." She threw her katana on the floor. She was covered in sweat, and she spent hours practising over and over again but no use. She was weak.

"Ren!" She called out for him, and soon she heard his light footsteps and right after the door opening and closing. The man approached her from behind before taking a seat in front of her.

"It's Master Ren to you, young lady." She could see the irritation in his face as his hands twitched.

"You won't be my master for long if you don't start actually teaching me!" She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Relax, you won't achieve anything in that state." The older man sighed as he watched the woman fuming. He thought carefully about his next words.

"The problem with you is that you have the physical power, however, when it comes to your curse energy, you have about no knowledge."

And of course, he was right.

"So? What do we do." There isn't much she could think about doing other than practising.

"You are thinking too narrowly. Think outside the box. You could do a lot of things as long as you put your mind to it." He said before he moved his right hand. She had seen that movement before, but she couldn't predict what he was going to do.

She jumped up on her feet and a good distance away from him. Her footsteps almost as quiet as her teacher's light steps. She could feel the floor below her vibrate, which confirmed what was about to happen.

The bright black light from Ren's hand covered the whole room, leaving her blinded for a good 30 seconds. Looking around the room her vision slowly started coming back to her.

Whilst rubbing her irritated eyes, she felt the presence behind her. She had felt this before. She knew it.

It was the same presence as that day.

Her heartbeat began to speed up. It always made her react the same, her hands slowly began to sweat and shake, she looked straight at Ren. The old man was satisfied by her fear.

"You would be dead in seconds if I wasn't controlling it. You are weak." She wanted to punch that smile off his face. Her fists clenched, and so did her teeth, but she knew he was right.

"I understand." She lowered down her head, hopping for the dark creature behind her to dissappear.

"Good." And just with his command, it disappeared.

"Tsk." She moved towards the door, and while doing so, she could hear the satisfaction in his voice.

"Better luck next time, kid! And don't get lost out there." She closed the door behind her, making sure she put as much force as she possibly could.

"That stupid old man..." She said getting out of the house. Hands in her pocket as she kicked the little rocks on her path.

What could she possibly do now?

Maybe she could go in the city. Or she could practise ,or no, after what happened she wanted to clear her mind.

She continued her journey as usual. Going down the mountain and finally reaching the spot.

Her eyes closed, and her heartbeat finally calm. She continued until she was in front of the bridge standing on the edge.

All the memories of him flashed in front of her eyes.

She wanted to get back in the past, but what could she do about it?

"Fuck it." She rolled her eyes ready to turn around.

"You are stupid, you know that?"

Her mouth wide open from what she heard. The person in front of her stood confidentially as he was about to mutter the next words. "What are you doing?" He said, approaching her. She made no move to get away.

"Um...thinking?" She said rubbing the side of her head.

.
.
.
.

《Not edited 》

:)