Date Night

After leaving the station Lopez and I went out to dinner due to her asking me on a date.

  Date:

     As Lopez and I sat across from each other waiting on our food we were smiling and laughing at the stories we've told each other.

   "I've missed this." Lopez stated as I looked confused by her statement.

   "Missed what?" I asked as Lopez smiled at me.

   "I missed seeing you relaxed and almost peaceful, it's been a long time since I've seen you like this." Lopez said as I thought back to the reason I don't smile all that much.

   "I guess it has been a long time since I've been happy, but being here with you on a date that is why I look peaceful." I stated as Lopez smiled with a tint of red appearing on her cheeks just as our waiter returns to our table with the food we ordered.

   "Okay enough ass kissing, let's eat." Lopez said as I laughed before we started eating but suddenly something felt off to me to which I put down my fork and discreetly looked around only to see our waiter staring at us with his hand doing something under the hostess desk away from view and as I look around I see two other waiters staring at us, but more so me.

   "Lopez." I said quietly to which she looked up at me and saw the look on my face to which she put down her fork and leaned forward towards me to make it look like we are about kiss.

   "How many?" Lopez asked as I took count.

   "Our waiter plus two others right behind you." I stated to which she nodded before she quietly grabbed her purse.

   "Are you carrying?" Lopez asked as quietly cocked her service pistol.

   "Never leave home without it." I said I cocked my gun before we nodded to which Lopez slid over to my side of the table before we flipped the table just as submachine gun fire rang out and hit our table.

   "This is off duty officer Lopez I need back up to my location we have shots fired I repeat shots fired." Lopez said to the dispatcher through her phone before I rose up and shot my 9mm with precision aim.

   First were the two behind Lopez. I quickly shot two bullets into the chest of the Caucasian early twenty's male suspect before I turned to the second and shot one into the chest and another into the neck of an African American late thirties male suspect before I had to duck down as our waitress started firing her sub machine gun at me.

   "Talk about first dates, am I right?" I asked as Lopez smiled at me before we both rose up fired two bullets each into the Hispanic late twenty's female suspect.

After the gunfight I cautiously approached the female suspect and searched her body only to find a picture of me in her pocket.

"Well what do we have here." I muttered as Lopez approached and saw me holding a picture of me.

"I guess we know who they were after." Lopez said with worry laced in her voice to which I sighed before I stood up and wrapped my arms around Lopez who buried her head in my chest.

"Don't worry I'll figure this out." I stated as sirens could be heard getting closer to our location.

   As a few minutes ticked by Sergeant Grey pulled up before he hurriedly hopped out of his car and approached his two officers.

   "Give me the rundown." Grey ordered after seeing his two officers were alright.

   "Three shooters dressed like the staff opened fire on us. Two males one looks to be in his early twenties the other Late thirties early forties. Third shooter was female anywhere from late Twenties early thirties." I stated as Grey nodded before I held out the picture.

   "She had this in her pocket." I stated as Grey took the picture and grimaced as he saw that it was a picture of me.

   "This was a hit Sarge." Lopez stated as Grey nodded before he gripped my shoulder.

   "I'm glad you're both alright. Let's get you back to the station because IA will have some questions." Grey stated as Lopez and I groaned making Grey smirk before we all three left headed towards the station.