R U MINE?

He stretched out his hand. "That looked like it hurt"

My clothes were soaked and my knees were scraped. But none of it matters because the man in front of me is bandmates with Alex Turner. 

"Unfair we're not somewhere misbehavin' for days..."

I was escaping my own home. It was suffocating. Life was suffocating, but I did love the rain. I couldn't hear another placid soliloquy about how useless I am as a daughter. I'm in my first year of college, why did we move across the world? I could've went to school with my friends. Anytime I had a hard time I could go take a bus to them and eat cheapest foods and all our problems felt miniscule and unimportant I could feel like myself again. But here, the streets are empty and longtime friends aren't a bus ride away. So I rode a bike out of the house. The breeze felt clean and the sound of the rain so beautiful. I felt better. Pitter-patter raindrops dropping softly on the pavement. The sky was so gray but it felt comforting like blanket and a hug. The large arms of the London Plane trees swaying with the wind and the rain, it was like a comforting hand that was telling me, it's okay to grieve the future you could have if you weren't in this situation. I was free from the pain of everything. 

"Great escape, lost track of time and space"

I was biking toward the neighborhood dome. It had a small enclave, for bands, for elementary school children from down the street. 200 empty seats. The modern bandstand structure and open concept was so modern it was my favorite architecture in the neighborhood. It had white canopy roof supported by large wide metal beams and posts instead of walls it had white sunshades that partially obstructed the view inside the structure. But who is in there? 

*crash*

My raincoat hood fell off and I was soaked on the wet bike pavement. My hair plastered against my wet forehead. My curiosity resulted with a bleeding knee and a bruised ego. I know some kids practice in that dome, but playing right now is a song I heard 3 days ago at a concert. How is it playing so perfectly in the middle of nowhere neighborhood in Copenhagen? Then the music abruptly stopped. 

"She's a silver linin', climbin' on my desire"

A man was jogging up to me and a couple guys trailed behind him. I really wish I wasn't a wet injured rat in the rain. 

There was a group of them, so that's the band playing in there. Two of them came up towards me. With an outstretched hand waiting for to help me he said, "that looked like it hurt" his eyes are so blue, but it was the doe big brown eyes looking at me that made my heart skip a beat and my stomach drop "We gotta get that knee cleaned up.." 

"I'm Jamie and this is Alex." 

"Alex Turner." 

Hi.