A spooky day

A few days later, aka Halloween

Jacks POV:
I had the bowl and extra bowls of candy for the kids for Halloween. John was still sick so I might have to take him to the ER tomorrow or the day after knowing people do dumb shit and get themselves hurt. It was currently 11:45 pm and I was in the kitchen making breakfast for John since I already ate earlier, I was making him a breakfast sandwich, which was a family recipe. I finished the breakfast sandwich and started walking to the room he was sleeping in, I wasn't sure if he was awake or not but he might be knowing his sleeping schedule. I knocked on the door to the room but received no response, I knocked again and received what sounded like a groan. I decided to just open the door. "John?" I said as I opened the door. When I finally opened the door, I saw that John was tossing and turning in bed, still asleep. He must be having a nightmare I thought to myself. I walked over to him, placing the plate that had the breakfast sandwich on it on the desk next to the bed and started shaking John to wake him up. "C'mon dude wake up" I said still shaking him. He started to wake up after a few minutes of me shaking him. "Ughhhhh what?" John groaned as he got up slowly, he looked at me and semi smiled. "Morning jack," he said groggily. "Morning John," I said and handed him the breakfast sandwich. "I brought you this cause I thought you might've been hungry." He looked at me for a second before taking it. "Thanks, you didn't have to," he said as he took a bite, he looked at me looking like a happy child, which was fucking adorable. After about 20 or so minutes, I heard another knock at the door. "I'll be back," I said, feeling the urge to kiss his forehead, but I resisted the urge and went downstairs to the door, hoping it wasn't my ex. When I looked through the peep hole on the door, I saw two kids: one dressed as a pumpkin and the other as a skeleton. I opened the door and the kid who was dressed as a skeleton said "you know what day it is?" He or she said looking very excited. "Uh the 31st?" I said confused, completely forgetting that it was Halloween. "ITSA SPOOKY MONTH!" Both of the kids said in unison. I then grabbed the bowl of candy I had by the door, I didn't even have it for Halloween, I just had it there because why not? I handed the kids some of the candy and they left happily, wish I could feel happy like that with someone. I walked back up the stairs to see John and how he was feeling. I knocked on his room door, "John? You alive?" I said as I opened the door. When I opened the door, I saw that he was dead asleep and snoring like 50 semi trucks.

End... for nowTO BE CONTINUED...