Pokemon, We Choose You!

Current location: Pallet Town -> Route 1

Authors note 1: "This is human speech" {I'm the PokeDex} (This is for thoughts)

The sun rose in the small, quiet place of Pallet Town, where a young boy with spiky black hair and grayish, brown eyes went out toward the Pokemon lab to get his starter, however he woke up late because he was so excited from last night, "Now you be careful Ash." called a young woman from a house. But before he took another step, Ash noticed a girl who looks a little bit older than him, she had dark blond coloured hair and was decorated with a small yellow hairband, she also had royal purple glasses, she was wearing a light purple long-sleeved shirt, black pants and, black shoes he also saw 4 Pikachu, an Eevee and a Meowth, the Pikachu and the Meowth were in clothing, something Ash hasn't seen before. "Today is the day I start my Pokemon journey guys." She said quietly as she looked on into the distance.

Ash continued into the Pokemon lab to his dismay, all three Pokemon starters were taken, however Professor Oak said there was one more, but he warns it's a difficult Pokemon, "I'll take it on my Pokemon journey no matter how hard it is to train it!" Ash said very confident of himself, Professor Oak gave him a PokeBall with a lightning bolt on the front, the Pokemon that came out was a Pikachu. "Wow it's so cute it's the best of all!" Ash exclaimed while looking at the yellow mouse Pokemon, "Oh hi Pikachu!" he adds as he picks up the mouse and hugs it, Pikachu then shocks Ash. "Pikachu normally have an electrifying personality." Oak commented and then gives Ash a PokeDex and 5 Pokeballs. Ash walks out of the lab to see his mother and a group of people, "What Pokemon did you get?" she asked, "I got myself a Pikachu, doesn't it look cool?" Ash replied "Well... it looks a little weird." this angers Pikachu and shocks everyone, this gets the young girl and her Pokemon's attention, "I wonder what's going on at the lab." the Eevee said with a human tongue. They headed up to the Pokemon lab when the crowd cleared up as the girl doesn't like large, crowded areas.

After Ash changed his clothes, he tried to get Pikachu to listen, but he refused because Ash is a beginning trainer, so Ash had to drag him along. The girl and her Pokemon friends followed behind them without their knowledge. "I've never seen a Pikachu so disobedient before." the girl whispered to one of the Pikachu who was on her shoulder, "Well powerful Pokemon may not listen to their trainers sometimes because they either don't respect them or understand Jessica." the Pikachu replied with a human tongue. Ash continued on Route 1 and found a Pidgey, "I really wanted to catch that Pokemon!" he quickly got out his PokeDex

{Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon, 

This Pokemon is very docile and doesn't fight, when in danger it picks up blinding sand and protects itself, it's a common sighting in woods and forests.}

"This will be easy Pokemon to start" Ash said excitedly as he knows that Pidgey are easy Pokemon to catch, however Pikachu ran up a tree and refused to battle, so Ash threw a Pokeball toward the bird Pokemon but it broke free and ran off, leaving Ash disappointed, Pikachu laughed at him at his failed capture attempt before Ash saw a Rattata.

{Rattata, the Mouse Pokemon,

It's a common sight in forests and open fields to eat fruit and berries, it gnaws on anything.}

The purple mouse Pokemon ran pass Ash and the tree with the naughty yellow mouse Pokemon and pass the young girl far behind Ash, the cream cat Pokemon got scared and jumped into the girl's bag, "It's not going to get you." she said. Then Ash saw another bird Pokemon in the distance and the young boy threw a rock at the bird, it turned around where it was brown jagged feathers, a pink beak, and black back. (That's not a Pidgey...) Ash thought as he got his PokeDex,

{Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokemon,

These Pokemon are very protective of its territory and can fly very fast to protect it, it has a very bad temper.}

The Spearow looked and noticed Pikachu in the tree and tried to attack it, Ash went over to the mouse Pokemon to get it into its Pokeball, but it refused so Ash grabbed it from the tree, just as Spearow was going to get Ash with a Fury Attack, Pikachu discharged electricity, shocking Ash and Spearow, the girl was near a river and the start of the route and she was witnessing the commotion "It's happening again... what's going on?" she said softly. Ash was weakened and dazed from the electricity, Pikachu went over and licked Ash's check, this made the trainer a little better, however Spearow wasn't finished yet, it let out a cry and soon a flock of them showed up and are chasing Ash and Pikachu, at the same time a storm begins to brew in the sky. "I can't believe this is happening to me on my first day." Ash cried as he continued to run for their dear life...

CRACK! A piece of a cliff that Ash and Pikachu were on broke, causing them to them to fall into a valley full of puddles, "Pika!" Pikachu cried, "Please Pikachu, if you go in your Pokeball, I can at least save you." Ash said as he got up to his feet, "You may be tough, but I'll defeat you all! I'll be the greatest Pokemon Master in the world!" Ash vowed with all of might, but just as the flock of Spearow was going to get Ash and Pikachu once and for all... 4 Thunderbolts came from behind them, the flock flew away fast, and the storm started to clear.

Ash and Pikachu lay in amazement by the attack, when the young girl from Pallet Town walks up to them "Are you two okay?" the girl asked, "I think so..." Ash said while looking at the weak Pikachu, one of the girl's Pikachu in a purple shirt and black belt walked over, "That poor Pikachu needs to go the Pokemon Center." it said with a human tongue, Ash looked surprised "That Pikachu is talking." but before anyone could say anything else, they all look up at the sky to see a golden bird in the sky flying under a rainbow. "What's that Pokemon?" Ash asked but the PokeDex couldn't identify it. The two trainers looked at each other and for some reason they felt a strong bond between them. "There is a Pokemon Center down in Viridian City" the young girl said, "I'm Jessica by the way." she further added, "I'm Ash Ketchum, and I want to be the greatest Pokemon master!" he said excitedly, and he got up and picked up Pikachu. Jessica spoke up again, "That's a nice ambition Ash, I'm going to be a Pokeologist, someone who studies Pokemon, and with the Pikachu Wiggles alongside me, I'll be the greatest Pokeologist!". The two Pokemon trainers began to talk more all about Pokemon and started to become very close friends.

As the journey continues...

Author's note 2: This story was inspired from Pokemon Indigo League (Alternate from Canon) by YoungHopeProductions as I loved the story, you should read it too! I hope you enjoy this story! -MidnightPopplio56