Prologue

DISCLAIMER

This book contains characters and scenes which express forms of depression, suicidal thoughts, PTSD, gore, gaslight etc. If you feel uncomfortable with any of the following warnings please refrain from proceeding the story as it can affect you negatively ( your mental health matters :] ).

The following work is purely fictional.
I do not own any of the pictures used in the book (credits to it's rightful owners) except for the cover page. The characters played by the BTS members along with other idols that appear are also fictional, I do not own them either.
I only take rightful ownership of the storyline and I do not give any consent to anyone to copy/rewrite/translate the work.

English is not my first language, so I sincerely apologize for any mistake.

With that said, I really hope you enjoy this book <3

***

"I was broken yet instead of fixing my damaged self, you accepted me for myself"

It was one of those days when I got a phone call from someone unexpected, apparently it was Grandmother. Recently, she had decided to leave behind the huge mansion she resided to live in a smaller space in the city and wanted help to pack her stuff from her current place. It made me to finally decide to leave the comfort of my house after years of isolation to visit my widowed Grandmother.

Leaving the antiqued place as old as her or maybe more was difficult. Especially since it was filled with priceless memories. Moments she cherished and will continue to till the end of her tale.
Yet ironically it was the very same memory that poised her to leave.

The mansion was huge, it almost resembled a long forgotten castle. Hidden well in the green cover of lush trees all around it. If it hadn't for the numerous flowers that bloomed around the place, it would've been easily mistaken for a haunted palace.

Soon I saw it's tall walls that separated it's beauty from the outside world. As I drove up to it's grand gate standing tall and wide giving a glimpse of a neatly kept trail, hidden as we look further into it by the canopies on both sides, I was overthrown by a swirl of memories.
While growing up, I had spend almost all of my childhood here until I was ready for school. Once I reached that age, my visits numbered down to summer and any sort of holiday.

Both of my parents were very busy and hence I always found myself here along with my older brother. Nevertheless, both of us never complained. Especially as young children with vivid imaginations, we were more than happy to stay in a castle.
Besides, we were always welcomed with wide hands and showered with unspoken love each time we visited. Something we lacked at our own home back in Seoul.

Once I parked my car, I walked towards the big door and rung the bell. I watched the surrounding while waiting, smiling casually as a light breeze shuffled my hair gently as if it was welcoming me back. I was dragged out of my thoughts as I heard the loud shuffling of the locks. It creaked a little, revealing the old woman behind the huge oak door who beamed upon seeing me.