10: Yearning (EDITED)

I can hear her moans through my office wall

I can hear her moans through my office wall. Blocking her out has become especially difficult, I've resorted to placing a pillow against my ear. I try so hard not to go into her bathroom and stop her from doing this to herself. When she is all hot and bothered she should come to me to let her fix her problem, I'm here for her. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, this is torture. Trying to get my mind off of Sarah and her moaning, I try to think of a way to get Sarah to forgive me.

Maybe if I find her sister and get her to join the pack, Sarah won't be so mad at me. And if I'm lucky, maybe she'll let me touch her.

I walk into my room and close my door shut, take my shirt and pants off, then turn off the lights and get into bed. Hearing her sexy panting, there's no way that I'd be able to sleep. Even if she wasn't making all that noise though, I can never sleep. All I ever do is think, especially when I'm in bed. When it's time for me to sleep, I always start to rethink my entire life. Torturing myself, I remember all of my regrets, all of the dreams, and all of the deaths.

In 21 AD, June 7th my mother, Angela Cane, died giving birth to me. My father took care of me for 7 years, until he just couldn't live without her any more. He left me with my mother's necklace and dropped me at the side of the dirt road. The very next day, everyone in the village was talking about how my father had finally done it. They found it amusing that he had lasted that long and how a useless kid who didn't talk like I did would die soon after.

I ran, I didn't want the men speaking to see me. I didn't want anyone to find me. I would sleep anywhere to live, animal pens, wooded areas, and I would go in the forest and kill animals to eat, I was basically an animal. That is until a woman named Anara found me one day and took me in.

Her husband, Maurice, would beat me until I passed out. I remember feeling so lost and scared. It was exhausting. He would steal all of the food that was given to me by Anara and so I still had to hunt for food myself despite finally having a home. Eventually I had found a group of starving kids like myself and we would hunt together to find food and learn to make our own clothing. One day me and about 30 people were coming back from a hunt and my abusive father stole our meat. I guess he wanted to embarrass me and make me seem weak in front of my friends. All I know is that when he tried to beat me, his breath smelled of rum.

My friends had my back, father didn't get a single punch in. We attacked him until he couldn't walk and then we all ran from the scene. When we got home, mother saw how bloodied and bruised he was and she asked him what had happened.

He lied to her, I still remember every rubbish word that came out of his mouth.

"That boy, standing right next to you and about 30 of his friends, attacked me. I want him out of our home, NOW." She sneered at me and started rubbing her hands together. She started chanting in a language I didn't understand and I was so confused. It was horrifying to watch her eyes rolling into the back of her head as she chanted.

When she was done she laughed maniacally. That laugh still keeps me up at night.

"You want to act like an animal and attack my husband. You and your filthy friends will become animals!"

She laughed again and then she fell to the ground. My bones started snapping snd twisting, I was in so much pain and I didn't understand what was happening to me. The first time I shifted I kept it to myself, but when my friends, including all the girls, started telling me about their shift, I explained to them what happened. About 10 of my guy friends blamed it on me and ran off, mating with humans and their offspring being weaker versions of themselves. After that I guess the original werewolves started mating with the weaker versions of themselves. That's why I've lived longer than regular wolves. Unlike the others, I'm a pure werewolf. Some of my pack, after a little while, even started to mate with humans or other supernatural creatures, but after living so long it did nothing to affect our pack's strength.

When we created our own pack I was the strongest, the smartest, the purest and so when I became alpha, they listened to me.

I haven't found love in 2,000 years. Frankly I gave up trying to find it. When a person has lived as long as I have, their heart hardens. I've killed when necessary and I've watched people who I've cared about grow old and die.

Now that I've found my mate, I don't plan on letting her go. It was surprising that she was the daughter of an enemy of mine but she was different from her father who betrayed me. She was loyal, cared about her family and wanted to protect them. She spoke up to me, I can't imagine how scared she must've been but she talked back to me every time. She's brave. I've never met someone like her before in my life.

I never thought that I would have a mate. It's been a very, very long time since I became a werewolf and so I don't know what I should be doing. I lived a very lonely life. Her presence is like the sun to me and all I've ever been able to do was hurt her. I didn't want it to be that way though. When I killed her father, I knew she would probably hate me for the rest of her life but I still had to do it for the pack. Being the alpha of the pack means that there are things that I will be forced to do. If I let him off the hook just because she was my mate's father, it would encourage more traitors. Keeping her in the house was my way of protecting her but that obviously just made things worse. I'm so glad that she's giving me a chance but... I'm getting so greedy. I want to touch her, feel her body on mine and let her melt into my body. I want to kiss her neck and run my hands down her body. I want to feel her chest against mine as I become one with her beautiful body. This heat will never leave my body and yet... I think I'm okay with that.

 I think I'm okay with that