Chapter 6

The lunch that we were having the day I brought him to my apartment after picking him up from the airport was probably the longest lunch I'd ever eaten. Tom and I sat in some kind of silence after he had mentioned the want for me to touch him more, and to be honest the urge to put my hands all over him while we sat on my couch together in my apartment was more apparent than ever. Fuck it, I thought to myself, what do I have to lose?

     It seemed that Tom was on the same wavelength as me, because right before I could do anything, he slid his hand onto my thigh, creeping it inward ever so slightly. I turned in my seat to face him, making heavy eye contact as I did so. Tom trailed his eyes from mine to my lips and back to my eyes before he said something.

     "Do you wanna..."

     Without a second thought I grabbed the back of his neck as I draped one of my arms around him and pulled his large but sturdy frame into me, our lips meeting finally after months of tension. Or what felt like months of tension, at least. My fingers let go of the loose grip on his neck and tangled in his thick and curly hair as he moved his lips against mine fluidly, the stubble from his face itching my own skin. I ignored it as we continued kissing like we were discovering something new about each other's bodies for the first time.

     Tom reached around me with one arm and grabbed at my hips, gently urging me to take a seat in his lap. I momentarily pulled away and continued to tangle my fingers in his bushy hair at the base of his neck before bringing us back together again, causing Tom to let out a small moan against my mouth. The vibrations from his moan seemed to penetrate the energy in the room, and Tom encouraged me onto his lap, to which I obliged this time. I placed my hands on each side of his face as I kissed him harder. I felt like I was floating through the clouds and we were flying at mach 5 speed, but somehow everything was still and everything fell silent. The only thing that mattered to me in that moment was Tom DeLonge, and the only thing that existed in the entire universe was us in the living room of my apartment. He continued to kiss me passionately, every once and a while taking my lower lip in between his teeth and biting down gently. That shit was driving me crazy, and without much thought, I began to absentmindedly move myself rhythmically against his lower half, causing him to trail his hands from my shoulders to my hips.

     With a gentle whimper, Tom dug his fingers into the skin on my hips, as he had slipped his hands under my shirt to grab at me. "Fuck," he managed between breaths as he continued to kiss me.

     I snapped out of the momentary trance I was in, and reminded myself that this was the first time we were kissing. At the time, I wasn't sure if we were ready to fuck. It was only a couple months into the relationship and if our first kiss was going to end in sex, it might have been a move that was too risky, especially if we had agreed to take it slow. It could, however, have probably been argued that three months is admissible to begin a sex life with one's partner, but I digress. We had explicitly agreed upon taking things slow and I didn't want either of us to do something we would regret later on. Not that our first time had to be something special and laid out on a red carpet, of course.

     "Tom," I said between shaky breaths.

     "Mmm?" he replied, trailing kisses from my cheek to my jawline and then down to my neck. It sent shivers down my back. This man knew what he was doing.

     "We should slow down," I ran my hands through his hair. He stopped kissing my neck and met my eyes with his. He searched my gaze for a moment, then blinked as he nodded in agreement.

     "Fuck, you're right. I'm sorry, did I overstep?" Tom asked, gently squeezing my forearm reassuringly.

     I shook my head, "no, no. Not at all, actually. I'm the one who initiated it."