True Love?

AN: Just a one-shot to help motivate me to continue doing my Odette/Odile animatic. Let me know if you'd like to have more, hope you enjoy <3

Ps. This was lightly edited. So there might be some misspelling or grammar errors

Through the sparkling water surface and its magical properties, the light it held could not pervade the darkness in Odiles' heart. She stood just by the threshold of the lakes shores, her feet unable to bring her further from her shadow. With a heavy heart, she stared on, watching the broken women kneeling by the mirroring water. Soft wails of defeat and anguish filled the fae forest, uncommon for its usual merriment.

Odette, a mere image of kindness and compassion, sat crumbled into herself. Her face streaked with tears that did not match her fury. Odile knew that rage well, and yet it still crushed her to know who the vexations were meant for. Sure enough, most of it faulted her father, but that ounce directed at her hurt more than she could bare.

Before, she couldn't even entertain the thought of Odette. Moreso how her beauty made Odile weak in her knees and heart. She despised it, absolutely nothing could've changed her mind. That was till she understood the weight of her actions. She never wanted to cause harm, especially to her. But now the past was all too crushing.

"Come out, I know you're there," A whimpering croak came from Odette. Her back toward Odiles' obscure presence, still stubborn to reveal herself.

"Will you hit me if I do?" Odile half joked, but soon grew to regret it as Odette sneered over her shoulder.

"You'd deserve it if I did."

"Yes, perhaps you're right."

"So come out," Odette taunted, a cold bite of her voice freezing Odile. She knew she deserved the poison and hate, but she couldn't bring herself to face it.

With bated breath, she let the moonlight pave her way. Nails pinching her palms as she reached the very edge of the water, her eyes never breaking from ahead. She could hear Odette shift in her place, possibly to create more distance between them. Letting out a strained sigh, she dared to look at the blonde angel. A broken smile on her painted lips as she found the other looking at her. Even if those eyes held the wrath of a thousand gods, she could never feel bored or indifferent to Odette's beauty.

Carefully, she kneeled to her knees and sat on her heels. Her head turned away once more to look at the ducks that swam unbothered.

"I'm sorry..." Odiles croaked out, the lump in the back of her throat threatening her.

"For what? Stealing my only chance at a normal life? Or completely ruining it in one night." Odette had her knees tucked tightly to her chest, her arms substituting a pillow for her head. Her face hidden from the night air.

"For everything," Odile shut her eyes tight, the instinct to mask her feelings with contempt and arrogance too strong. It had been a coping mechanism for years, but her father wasn't here to receive such an attitude. And Odette of all people deserved better.

Odette scoffed, lifting her head to glare ahead.

"What's with the act? Your father isn't here anymore to bend at your every whim."

"I'm not here to seek forgiveness or anything, I just—" Odile couldn't bring herself to hush out those words, her eyes beginning to sting. She wished there was a gentle breeze to blame for the forming tears. Her lap now the only thing she could focus on, her hands reddened from her anxious fidgeting.

"Wanna know something?" Odette suddenly broke character. Her fury and sadness momentarily replaced with remorse and guilt. Her eyes softer as she looked to Odile, who was now watching by her intently. Odette continued even without Odiles appeal.