chapter 25

i wake up wrapped in colby's arms. which is so different feeling. im so warm i could lay here forever but i can't. i get up and go to the bathroom before returning to my bed, colby's sat up looking at me, his hair is laid messy across his forehead and his eyes are squinted, his head is slightly tilted to the side. he's so effortlessly beautiful. "good morning" he smiles with his dimples on full display. "hey" "do you just not have the word good morning in your dictionary?" "it's two words and no... i don't" "that's a shame. we should really get that in there" "should we? i dunno i don't think i should" "so party at sams later..." "i have finals to study for and isn't it your house too?" "yeah ... party at my house" "too bad" "cmon oakley" "i can't party all the time ya know? i have to do school stuff" "it's one night and then, i'll help you study" "you will?" "i will" "do you even know what humanities is?" "i thought you were going for photography , not a doctor or nurse or whatever" "first of all i'm going for bachelor of science photography. second, humanities is a class i'm required to take and it's not for doctor stuff. it deals with anything between history, culture, to religion or english. it's the study of the human world and society from a critical perspective" "you're so smart" "no i'm just not dumb" "oh wow, really?" he jumps and grabs me, tackling me onto the bed. "what inspired you?" "well i originally went for it because i wanted to take pictures of nature, the trees, animals. i had interest in things like different types of snakes, frogs and the sunsets. but i eventually gave up that dream and kept going for it so i could be a professional portrait photographer" "portrait? that's so different than nature" "i lived with lia and riley who went to a lot of youtube conventions and it was an easier way to take pictures, i couldn't travel for more scenery" "but tickets for youtube conventions are expensive" "how would you know?" "you're right." i laugh. "a hundred dollars isn't anything compared to plane tickets, hotel rooms, ubers" he nods. "what times the party?" i wiggle myself out of his arms and go to my closet. "ten" "are you kidding? that's so late" "you sound like an old lady" i gasp and throw a pair of my pants at him.

eventually i showered and let colby pick out my clothes. he sat in the living room while i got ready.

"whatchaaa doinnn" i plop my body next to colby and he points to the tv, i wasn't even aware he had gotten one for me

"whatchaaa doinnn" i plop my body next to colby and he points to the tv, i wasn't even aware he had gotten one for me. "i rented the scream movie" "without me?" i gasp. "how dare you" i move my eyes from the tv to him, his eyes are glued on me. "you look good" "don't be weird colby" "my bad , you look hideous" he ruffles my hair. "come on man i just spent a long time straightening this!"

we ended up watching almost every scream movie in the saga. i lean off of colby's lap and look at my phone time. "it's nine thirty" he quickly leans up and unwraps his arm from my waist. he groans and gets out the couch before stretching. "are you ready?" "honestly i just want to stay here and watch the rest of the movies" he reaches his hand out and i take it. "can we stop by the store i'm hungry" he lets out a small laugh and nods. he held my hand until i let go and walk out of the house.

i watch as colby waits for my stuff to be scanned by the cashier. i know it's a saturday night but it's crowded in here. i grab colby's hand and play with his rings. he turns, smiles at me and hands the cashier the money. "my hands are so sweaty. i'm sorry" i look up at colby as we walk back to the car. "don't apologize, you're fine" "you think so? i did work really hard on my makeup" he laughs and opens the car door for me. after about five minutes i got bored and opened colby's vodka bottle. i didn't even know he drunk vodka.  "party's hereee" i smile at kat as i put the half empty bottle in my hand up in the air. i can feel colby's hands on my waist as i stop and stand in front of the kitchen counter. "oh my gosh, you look hot. i wanna make out" i laugh and hug kat, she grabs my hand and forces me to twirl. "if you don't hit that tonight, i will" i watch as she looks at colby, i turn towards him and smile to which his eyebrows raise. "finally out of the friend zone?" sam nudges colby, he almost falls off the chair he's on. "uh nope. she's definitely drunk" "i definitely am not" he bows his head trying his best to hide the smile that's on his face. i wait until katrina and sam walk away before i force his head back up. "who's the shy one now?" "not me" "really? but you can't make eye contact with me?" "if i do, we'll have to go upstairs." "for what?" he grabs my hand and places it over his bulge. i couldn't stop myself from leaning in and kissing him. his hand finds my ass and he slaps it. so hard i almost fly forward into his lap. i pull away from him and smile, placing a kiss on his forehead. i have got to get my shit together, but god he's so hot tonight.