0

bereal?

     "okay," simon agrees, "okay! jeez! i'll download this app. what's so special about it anyways?"
rosh looked at ayub and back at simon, "no clue, but everyone and their grandmas has it."
simon pulled out his phone and went to the app store.
     "bereal, right?" simon typed 'be' before he got the result.

wilhelm got the notification for bereal while he was eating dinner in his apartment, watching his favorite show "sex education". he grabbed his phone to take a photo of his computer open to season 4 episode 7 along with his almost empty cupped ramen off to the side. he looked at his friends' bereals. their captions were complaining about the new update. there was a new "friends of friends" option. if you share your bereal, you can find people who are friends with your friends, hence the name "friends of friends". apparently, it glitched the whole app out and now everyone and their dogs are complaining about it.
"feli, did you post your bereal?" wilhelm called to his best friend and roommate.
"that went off? its like ten o'clock!" felice complained, walking into the small room they called a living room. all it had was a couch and a coffee table with a door leading to a small balcony.
felice pulled out her phone, took a selfie, then pointed the camera at wilhelm.
     "why do people keep complaining about the new update? besides the glitches, i think it's useful," felice scrolls to react to everyone's bereal.
     wilhelm shrugs and turns back to the episode he was watching.

     simon waited for a while before bereal downloaded. by the time rosh and ayub fell asleep after dinner, the app finally downloaded. he made an account with the username "seriksson", which had been the username of all his accounts. he added a couple of people immediately. he really just added anyone he recognized. sara, rosh, ayub, and a couple more of his friends. sara added him back immediately, which unlocked a whole bunch of people to add. he didn't add anyone he didn't know personally except felice, who was sara's 'friend'.

the next day.

     "feli, who is 'seriksson'?" wilhelm said as he looked through the quick add on bereal, "it says you have him added."
     "oh, that's sara's brother," felice looked at his phone, "at least that's what sara told me."
     "sara has a brother?" wilhelm knew sara from lunches the group had before, but he thought she was an only child. she never mentioned a brother.
      "yeah, i've only met him twice," felice smiles as she texts sara, "he seems nice. you should add him, wille."
       wilhelm shrugged and pressed the add button, "i didn't know this many people in our friend group had bereal.."
     felice giggled at the comment. maybe it was at a text from sara, but wilhelm thought it was because of him.

     "sara, who is this person?" ayub and rosh had left earlier today, so sara had to help him with bereal now.
     "that's feli's roommate. he's a really nice guy," sara squinted at the photo at first.
     "nice and attractive," simon coughs as an attempt to hide what he said.
      "i'm sure you'd guys be great friends, simon," sara completely ignores what simon had just did, "here, press this button to add him back."