Puppy (F)

Heejakehoon

Royal AU

"So cute."

***

Sunghoon was always destined for the throne.

From his breathtaking looks, to his elegant movements and piercing gaze. Everything about him screamed royalty. Being the crown Prince, Sunghoon was always expected to marry into wealth.

Expected, not forced. Many women had lined up for Sunghoon to choose a wife, but he turned them all down, for his heart lie with his Royal guard. Heeseung had been working for the Royal family since he was very young, having been born into the service. His father was a guard before him, and Sunghoon followed in his footsteps.

They carried a forbidden love for each other, both desperate and devastated because they both knew the prince couldn't love a guard. However, due to a recent, horrible, event, Sunghoon was forced to take the crown faster than scheduled. The king fell ill, and therefore Sunghoon was official put to the test, being a fill in while his father rested up.

Unfortunately, that sickness was much more fatal than the hospital wing thought, and Sunghoon lost his father. Because of society rules, his mother couldn't rule without a king, so Sunghoon was to be prepared to be crowned. Which meant he needed a spouse.

Immediately jumping at the opportunity, although he was devastated by his loss, he decided he would seize the situation. He first consoled with Heeseung and straight out asked if he would marry him. Heeseung was pleasantly surprised and happy, but almost immediately started doubting the idea. What would the people think if the crown prince married a royal guard, and a male at that?

Sunghoon promised it would all be fine, and he'd work it out with the Royal council. "Please, take my hand in marriage. I can't imagine myself marrying any other than you, I'd be miserable," Sunghoon had basically begged. "Who am I to refuse my Prince? I just want to make sure there won't be any backlash, for we won't want to tarnish your reputation my prince." Sunghoon knew Heeseung was only mocking with the pleasantries, but it made him feel a sort of power anyways.

"I promise it'll all be fine," Sunghoon insisted, holding Heeseung's hands delicately. "If you say so.. then yes," Heeseung sighed and Sunghoon smiled widely. They were both so excited, and Sunghoon brought up the situation at the council meeting the next day.

He stated that if they wanted him to marry, it would have to be Heeseung or no one. A few council members had far fetching opinions and Sunghoon immediately shut those people down with a simple "You would dare speak to your future king like that?" Worked like a charm.

The wedding was arranged only a week after Sunghoon's coronation date, which was perfect. They spent the next month getting ready for Sunghoon's coronation first, planning the event and inviting people from all across the kingdom. On the fateful day, Sunghoon stood in front of all his people and had a sort of confident air as the crown was placed on his head. He vowed to serve his kingdom with dignity and pride.

The crown was heavy, but only complimented Sunghoon's already attractive aura. After that event, it was on with the next one and the whole castle spent the week planning the wedding. Heeseung was resigned his previous job and instead promoted to Head of Warrior, and he was showered in service, many maids measuring him and dressing him, butlers bringing in his food for him.