Don't Leave

Based off of the song Don't Leave by Snakehips & MO

Taylor sat alone in the floor of her home studio. She had done it again and she knew you were getting tired of living this way. The press had been down her back and even when it was positive it was so draining. She didn't mean to take it out on you, but she had...

Flashback

"Baby! You're Home!" You had ran up to her so excited but she was so tired she had pushed you away when you tried to hug her. You'd stood there for minute looking hurt and confused before walking away without saying anything. You knew how Taylor could be and you weren't looking for a fight. This time Taylor had followed you into the kitchen, already raising her voice, "come on babe you know how hard of a day I've had, could you not look at me like that?"

You started washing the dishes and tried not to cry, knowing that right now that would only make her madder. "Honey, I'm not trying to start anything, I know you need your space, dinner is on the table"

Tonight that just wasn't good enough. Taylor scoffed and rolled her eyes, "what so I have one bad day and I don't get to eat dinner with my fiance anymore?" She was yelling now and you knew there was no escaping this fight so you wiped your hands and turned around.

"Baby that's not what I meant I just-"

"No of course not fucking saint Y/N trying to be so damn mature, well I'm not a client you can fucking use your psychology skills on"

You flinched and folded your arms across your chest, "Tay, you know I don't-"

"What do I know Y/N? You know what I know? That being with you is fucking exhausting. I can never just have a bad day without it getting some kind of reaction from you!" She was pacing through the kitchen now as she yelled and you braced yourself for the worst.

"I'm sorry you had a bad day Tay, what do you need from me?"

Taylor laughed bitterly "Dammit Y/N sometimes what I need from you is to just shut the fuck up, I hate the sound of your fucking voice when you're like this." Then she turned to leave, swiping her hand across the counter, sending multiple dishes flying into the floor, before she stormed out

End Flashback

You were still cleaning up all the stuff Taylor had broken during her temper tantrum while she locked herself in her studio. You knew she was under a lot of stress, you couldn't imagine living under constant scrutiny like she did. But that didn't excuse how she treated you sometimes. You huffed out a long exhausted sigh and ran your hands through your hair.

You knew you should have left the first time Taylor yelled at you and broke things like this. But that had been over four years ago and so much good had happened since then.

Usually things with Taylor were absolutely perfect. She treated you like royalty and was so gentle and soft spoken. Not even all her bad days went like this. Sometimes she would come home after a bad day and curl up in your arms and hold you like you were the only thing that mattered. But some days were unpredictable like this. These bad days were getting more frequent though, and you didn't think you could do it anymore.

As you were finally sitting down to rest, Taylor walked in to the living room. You turned and looked at her, determined to be strong this time.

"I'm so sorry, I'm such a fuckup" She said it while staring at the floor, she had said those exact words so many times they felt empty.

"That's not good enough Taylor, I've heard that too many times and nothing changes"

Taylor's face fell when you didn't forgive her immediately the way you always did before. "Baby, don't call me that..."

You rolled your eyes at that being the thing she was focused on. "I dont really feel like pet names right now Taylor, don't you see what you put me through"

She walked over and tried to put her arms around you but you shrugged her off.

"Y/N Baby please let me make it up to you, shut your mind off and let your heart hear me, I can change I swear"

You wiped the tears streaming down your face and shook your head, "words aren't good enough anymore Taylor."

"What are you saying Y/N"

"I dont think I can do this anymore Tay"

Taylor sat on the couch beside you and took your hands in hers, "baby I know I'm a mess, please don't hold that against me"

"You can't treat me like this Taylor"

"I know I can't, I know I have a temper and I can be crazy sometimes but I can be better"

You pulled your hands away and looked across the room, knowing if you looked in her eyes you would lose your courage. "Do you know how close I've come to leaving?"

"I see how much doubt you have right now but I know the love we have is irreplaceable, you're everything to me Y/N" Taylor wrapped her arms around you from behind, trying to pour all her love into you through her touch.

You stood up and took a shaky breath, "I-I need time"

"Y/N baby please don't leave' Taylor begged as she followed you to the door

"I can't do this anymore" you said as you quickly grabbed your jacket and turned to leave. Taylor grabbed your wrist and turned you around. She tried to kiss you but you just stood there, knowing you were seconds away from breaking down.

You pushed her away and took a deep breath before walking out the door.

A/N

More angst!!

Anywho... how are you today? What date is it when you're reading?