Basic AU Information (Lore)

The same episodes take place, but with more magic involved.

Each person in the zodiac has a magic charm that gives them their powers (I.e: Dipper's hat). Others can wear it and use their powers, but it won't be as strong as the actual holder. People in the Zodiac without their charm can use their magic for a few minutes if it is nearby or not at all if it is far enough away. If so, their magic will completely shut off. Getting injured (especially head injuries) can also temporarily shut off their magic. If a magic charm is removed while they are recovering, no matter how close it is, they cannot use their magic until touching the charm.

If a person in the Zodiac uses a strong spell for an extended period of time or lots of spells in a short period of time, if it is extreme enough, they will pass out and run a fever for a few hours. If they aren't woken up and don't use their magic for a day or two afterward, they'll be fine.

Each spell has two ways to be activated:
1) Memorize the symbols. If you picture these symbols, the spell will go off. It is much easier to trigger but more difficult to learn.
2) Shout the incantation or name (trigger word) for the spell. You either need to memorize the trigger word or read it out of a Spellbook. Spells done like this are slower and harder to trigger, but easier to learn.
Ideally you will memorize spells you want to use.