part 1

FAIR PLAY
oct 2023
fall season
3:15 pm

she experienced a tough upbringing but managed to work through it on her own by numerous ways of self help—

one that mainly stood out to her was shadow work, which caused her to develop a love for helping others psychologically.

cubana americana, raya bailón studies psychology at one of the top universities in her country.

raya taught her loved ones who were interested on how their actions were derived by trauma subconsciously.

she taught them in a caring way never domineering way, she only liked using the role of authority for good.

she hated to see whenever authority would be abused, the world could change if people weren't so " i " driven which she highly believed.

she cared about making an impact in a good way even if it wasn't global.

she held conventions to help people heal from things that they don't talk about, been interviewed and in magazines for the way that she cultivated humility regarding psychology.

she wasn't attached to her successes in a boastful manner but was grateful to be a help.

" i fucking hate... being late. " raya huffed as she locked the door of her apartment.

she was 23, juggling her school life and home life which were at times stressful but she has a great support system that she is grateful for.

" i'm going to hang up so you can focus on the road, love you! " raya's friend adrienne spoke through the bluetooth system of raya's car.

" love you too! " raya responded right before the call ended.

raya opened up iMessage to send professor brian a text message, fidgeting with her bracelets trying to figure out what to say.

" fuck it, i'm grown i don't owe him an explanation for being late. " raya said catching an attitude because of what she were about to do.

1 hour and 15 minutes later...

raya walked inside of the huge classroom of two hundred students and eased the door shut behind herself.

she didn't miss much of the lecture maybe like 25 minutes of it.

hoping that professor brian wouldn't notice her being late.

raya had trouble focusing at times, whenever he would think that she wasn't listening to his lecture he would call on her to answer the question.

first out of everyone,

he would catch himself gazing across the class before it would start to see if his favorite face was present.

he liked how assertive she is, she used her voice never in a domineering way but sensual.

she was kind, like-able but never afraid of being disliked. she was well balanced, embodying ying and yang energy all while standing alone.

it was something about her that he couldn't put a finger on her energy to him and noticeably to everyone else was alluring.

" everything surrounding you has an impact on your identity. it's up to you to conceive if what you were taught or raised with was right or wrong. "

" you mainly are taught based on your peers own wants and needs, teaching you to conform to what they were taught without second thought of cause and effect. "

" this is what causes some people to have trouble with acting on their wants and needs. in order to grant yourself free will, you have to unlearn what you were taught and then want what you want. "