"Hello, Darling."

She awoke with a start. She was still in the house but had been moved to the bed, dressed in a Victorian nightgown. She heard voices outside her door — a man and a woman arguing. Eventually, the man entered the room; it was the man from the painting.

"Hello, Darling."

The man paused, his British accent being prominent in his voice. She noticed a rose in the vase behind him.

"You look sickly. Do you feel alright? I'm Silas, by the way, Duke of Edinburgh."

"Edinburgh? Like in England?" Astra questioned.

"Unless you know some other place called Edinburgh."

"Sorry, Mr. Duke guy—"

"Silas will do. May I know the name of the maiden in front of me?"

"Astra."
He paused after hearing this before giving a small smirk.

"Odd but enchanting name. Now that you're up, I'll send my servants in to tend to your wardrobe."
He left, and moments later, servant girls came in and quickly fitted her into a Victorian dress. Before she could question anything, she was sent downstairs, and Silas took her hand as she came down the stairs.

"You look ravishing in that gown," he complimented.

"Thank you. What year is it?"

"I believe it's the year 1889."
Her face went white. 1889?! She had somehow gone back in time. But how? The rose! Of course! She had felt a connection to it. Maybe she had a mission to fulfill. Someone needed help.

"Do you need help with anything, Silas?"

"It's not a lady's job to fuss about small things. That's what servants are for."

"But—" Before she could speak again, he covered her mouth.

"This isn't a discussion."
He removed his hand, and they walked in silence for a moment. Silas was cold, but she figured it had something to do with the woman from before. After all, he had been cold since they met a moment ago.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Silas... I'm sorry if I did."

"No worries. The matter was resolved."
A woman approached him; she resembled the doll. She was a redhead woman with bright blue eyes and green garments.

"Silas, we need to talk. I don't understand why we should cancel the wedding!"
That voice. She was the woman.

"It's none of your business why I do what I've done! The wedding was called off because I said so!"

"Do you even love me!?"

"That's not the point, Anna!"

"Silas!"

"Shut up or I'll shut you up!"
Anna looked down at the floor, her face red in rage, and then she walked off, muttering something.

"Sorry about her. She's a bit overdramatic at times."
There was a pause before Astra spoke.

"Why did you call off the wedding?"
Silas glared at her for a moment.

"She wasn't fit to be my wife."
Astra didn't press the issue; she simply continued to walk with him.