Chapter 1 - First Day Back

Hunter Milburn was a year older than her brother Otis. Despite this, they were in the same year. Hunter was held back a year for her bad reputation and lacking grades. She wasn't stupid, in fact she was quite the opposite. Although no one really knew that because no one cared to ask. Or rather they were scared to. Think of the American High School type of bad boy jock. That was her.

She plays football with all the lads and she was better than half of them. That was her focus. Due to that her grades were slipping. This didn't help her reputation at all.

The first day of 6th form wasn't something Hunter was exactly thrilled about. The worst part being having to see all of her teachers again. The pressure of 6th form was slowly hacking away at her hard exterior. As well as a certain someone...
———————————————————————————
Hunter POV
I hate mondays. The first thought that came to mind when i woke up to that godforsaken alarm clock my dad brought me when him and mum were still together. Just the fact that i actually woke up on time is pretty surprising to me.

After checking the time and my messages i decided i should probably get up. I walked to my closet and grabbed my varsity jacket and a tank top along with some black cargoes and my chain, rings and watch.

After styling my reasonably short hair and making sure i looked good i headed downstairs for breakfast. I had a pretty major glow up over the summer. I cut my hair, my jawline got a lot sharper, i had been to the gym a lot so i'd gotten myself a pretty respectable set of abs, and i've really taken to the whole American bad boy look when it comes to clothes.
"Good morning darling" mum said cheerfully
"Too early for that much happiness" after i said this she gave me a slight lighthearted glare so i apologised "Sorry. Morning mum"
"Otis what time will Eric be here?" mum called up to my brother who i assumed was still in his room
"Should be here any minute i think. You ready to go Hunt?"
"Yeah just waiting for you. So hurry up" Pretty quickly after that Otis came downstairs and we headed out the door to meet Eric.
"Eric! My man" i shouted up the stairs to Eric, who replied with a "Hunter! Oh my gosh i missed you. How was your summer?" He said, accompanied with a slight squeal whilst man hugging me which i gratefully returned.
"Not too bad, not too bad. You?"
"Gosh i have so much to catch you up on." I smiled at him and he smiled back just as Otis started coming up the stairs. "OTIS MILBURN WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW?" Eric sarcastically shouted at Otis.
"Eric too loud too early." they hugged as i laughed at them while getting on my brand new bike ready to cycle to school.

At School

When we finally arrived Eric gasped and said "Oh my gosh. The untouchables have a car. Just when you thought they couldn't get any more allusive, now they have wheels. Oh my gosh you reckon Anwar's been working out? He's lookin extra tight"
"Just because he's the only other gay in our year doesn't mean you have to fancy him."
"I mean it kinda does though" i mumbled more to myself than anything else.
"I agree with Hunter. Also, correction, only other gay we know of. Could be anywhere." scary
"What're you looking at el pervo" Anwar had clearly seen Eric's gaze on him.
"Fuck off Anwar." i said. After this apparently surprising rare comment from me Anwar had a slightly shocked expression (probably due to my deeper than average voice) which he quickly fixed back to a sneer. I lightly chuckled and rolled my eyes at him being so childish before i caught the eye of Ruby Matthews. She was also clearly quite shocked by my voice and just the fact i was even speaking because i usually avoid it. Unless it's an argument or a fight and then i'm all in. That's because i always win those. I subtly winked at her and then continued my stride, missing her slight blush. I was walking slightly ahead of Otis and Eric now to go and find my best friend Alex. One thing i kind of anticipated was all of the surprised looks as i walked towards the school. Last year i was pretty much a loner. Didn't really hang out with anyone except Eric Otis and Alex. This year i've decided to be a bit more, social? This meant i was expecting the stares all in shock that i looked so different.

Me and Alex have been friends for as long as i can remember. We met in primary school and we've been best friends ever since. We're both on the football team and he also got held back a year for the same reasons as me. "Alex!" i shout, once i spot the back of his head walking up the stairs to the school. "Hunter! Why does it feel like i haven't seen you for ages?"
"No idea. We literally went to practice yesterday."
"Yeah but you get what i mean"
i nodded and laughed slightly before we made our way into the school.

My first lesson was english. I was dreading it. I was in bottom set for english as it was the main subject that took a beating when i started focusing on my football rather than my grades. This meant that i was stuck with all of the kids who didn't show up to lessons, the guys who are high out of their tiny minds pretty much all the time and Ruby Matthews. Ruby wasn't stupid. I knew that. I'm not stupid. She didn't know that. After worrying about where i was gonna end up sat for at least 10 minutes i finally waved goodbye to Alex and made my way to the class. 10 minutes late of course. This meant that there was only one seat left. Guess where! Next to everyone's favourite bitch Ruby Matthews.

After being lectured as to why i 'should be punctual' by the teacher i made my way to my seat. Upon sitting down Ruby glared at me like i'd just killed somebody, however i could see a small hint of curiosity in her eyes. "Problem?" i asked almost accusatory like. "Not yet" she replied quickly.
"Alright then" i said as i looked back to the front. I could still feel her lingering eyes on the side of my face so i said "Take a picture, it'll last longer" this seemed to snap her back into reality as she huffed and turned back to the teacher.

This was going to be a long year