𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 ☀︎

"So are we a thing now ?" Daren asked while blushing

" Yeah, If you want to" Jake answered.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋..

The students were flabbergasted as they stare at the two boys hands interlocked while walking through the hallway.

They finally got in their classroom and Jake gave a kiss on the back of Daren's hand.

The class bell rang and everyone went in their study hall.

"Okay everyone, settle down. I have an announcement" Mrs. Ann said, as the students sat down on their respective seats.

"There will be a competition held between two schools about this year's Math competition... Any one interested?... Daren? "

Everyone in the class turned their heads to look at Daren including Jake who is sitting next to him. After all Daren had always been excellent on the field of Mathematics.

"A-ah ahh I umm..." Daren got startled.

Jake clenched on Daren's hand and whispered "You can can do this"

*Daren exhaled and smiled*

"I'll do it!"

"Alright then , we have a representative. The competition will be held at our school, please be ready"

𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃...

Cindy from Zhenyu Academy, on the school hall, trying to catch up to someone...

"EUGEEEENE!"

She screamed across the hall... A tall boy with clean-cut hair, and a strikingly charismatic aura turned towards her.

"Heyyy~" said Cindy, with a flirty voice. Eugene looked unamused. "So what are you up to this weekend?" Cindy asked

"Nothing in particular" Eugene answered.

As they walk pass the hall, Eugene stopped, after noticing the Poster sticked  on the wall about the upcoming Math competition.

"Oh my gosh, Eugene, you have got to join the competition! Trust me, you'll win without breaking a sweat! I mean, come on, have you seen the losers we're going up against? They haven't won anything in the last three years - how pathetic! It's practically a guaranteed win for you! So what do you say? Want to take home the trophy and show these losers what real talent looks like?" Cindy said with a smirk.

*Eugene stayed silent*

"I'll think about it..."

After walking outside the campus, the two parted ways. Eugene had thought about joining the Math competition.

While walking home, he bumped into someone and the person's belongings fell.

"I'm terribly sorry, I'm such a clutz" said the masked boy.

"No, no, please don't be, I was the one who wasn't watching my steps"

Eugene tried to help the the person trying to pick up his stuff, then he glanced on the name on his notebook.

"Sorry again, Daren". He gave a smile

"O-oh it's alright, thank your for helping me picking up my things"

" ..... Hey, you're from Gunnhilder High school right ? The one who will compete with our school next week" Eugene asked after noticing his school logo

Daren: "Oh um yes. So you're from Zhenyu Academy?"

Eugene: "Mhm, I thought about joining the recent Math competition although I have other things to do"

Daren: " Oh.. is that so. We'll then..uhm see you!" He says as he scurries

Eugene, a bit confused and endeared with the boy's action, waves goodbye "...Bye"

Suddenly, before Daren can turn away, a stature of a taller man bumps onto his back.

"Who is this?" Jake asks, with a wary tone

Daren : "Uhmm I don't know, I just bumped into him"

Jake: "Then, don't stare at him, let's go!"

Daren let's himself be pulled away by force.

Eugene watches, he suddenly grabs Daren's other hand "Hey, don't be too rough on him" he says.

*While only looking at Daren*

They went on their separate ways.
As Jake and Daren are walking          together.

Jake: "What the heck? What's up with that guy?"

Daren: "H-hey, please don't be mad. He didn't hurt me or anything"

Jake: "... I'm not talking about that. Ugh, Whatever, let's go"

The two walk towards their respective homes, Jake gently holds Daren's hand once more.

"Hey.. I'm sorry for blowing up that time"

"It's fine, Jake. Don't think about it too much" Darren reassures while smiling cutely behind his mask

Meanwhile..

Eugene stares at the wall, in a daze as yellow sunlight luminates his handsome face. He thinks back to the moment a few minutes ago.

"... 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?" He asks himself

"Damn, I don't know what came over me" He sighs, as he puts his palm on his head and brushes it through his hair.

𝐓𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...(•̀ᴗ•́)و