CHAPTER 2

This isn't the first time I've had dreams like this. They are rare though, I've overcome a lot of things to get over that nightmare and what had happened on January 27th.

After Jadi comforts me and jokes about splashing water on me as her to-go way of waking me up, I get up to take a quick hot shower. I grab my coconut body wash and head into the bathroom. As soon as I get out, I wash my face, put my cerav cream on, brush my teeth and head to my room to figure out what to put on for my classes today. I walk out the bathroom covered in a towel and see Jadi at the table, dressed and ready to go.

Jadi Mooser. She's wearing a hot pink crop top with a jean jacket, also black leggings that defines and compliments her thighs while wearing all white vans. She always wear jewelry as well to make her style feel more artsy and glowing she says along with her creative makeup. Black and pink eyeliner with red lipstick on. Jadi has always had a sense of colorful fashion. One glance at her and you would think shes a fashion designer. If you thought of that, you are absolutely correct. She is attending to school to become an upcoming fashion designer.

She's been my best friend since highschool years and we finally are accepted into the same college and same dorm room. Shes now 21, her birthday was last month in July.

"It took you FOREVER to get out the shower! Hurry up, your brother is picking us up. We're gonna be late!" she says.

"Okay so bossy and rushy" I say rolling my eyes.

I speed walk into my room before Jadi gives me an earful on how I should be quicker getting ready. I decided to go with simple jeans and a green sweatshirt today. I felt like relaxing, especially since I kind of had a sleepless night once again. I then brush my long straight black hair into a low sleek ponytail.

Laptop? Check. Notebooks? Check. Writing Utensils? Che-

Knock knock

"I'm coming in! Please don't flash me!!" Jadi yells.

"Come in idiot." I roll my eyes.

"Are you ready yet? He's outside" Jadi groans.

"Yes yes! I'm already ready."

"Okay lets go go go! Put your junk in the car!" Jadi says in a demanding tone, clapping her hands.

"Gosh, why are you so bossy today?? Is Damien gonna take you out today or something?" I laugh grabbing my things and heading out my room. Jadi follows.

"Actually yes! He is planning on taking me to this new diner that opened up on 31st Ave Street. Its not far from here, maybe you should come" Jadi says enthusiastic.

"Yeahhh no, I'd rather stay here than see you two sucking each other's face every 5 minutes. I'm already terrified by the thought of my brother and best friend being together" I say in disgust.

"Hey! Your jealousy is showing again. Your brother is just gorgeous, like you. Your parents definitely blessed you guys with amazing genes" says Jadi, opening the front door walking out.

"I don't think I wanna hear romantic compliments about my brother" I cover my ears, laughing.

"Shut up and just for the record, we're just messing around, not officially together. Yet" Jadi says while raising her eyebrows, smirking.

"Jadi, you do know that my brother is a wuss when it comes to relationships, right? Waiting for him to ask you out is like waiting for a blue moon."

A sudden loud honking noise catches our attention.

"I DONT HAVE ALL DAY, LETS GO!" Damien says shouting out the window of his forest green truck. He then honks again.

"HI CUTIE! THANKS FOR PICKING US UP" Jadi yells, making a heart sign with her hands.

"ANYTHING FOR YOU!" he says, honking the horn once again. Jadi begins curling her hair with her finger. Oh my gosh. "Okay let's go now" she says.

"Yeah before that idiot ends up waking up everyone at the dorms" I scoff while walking towards the car side by side with Jadi. "I can't believe you wanna settle for that thing"

"You know what? Your such a hater but how are you and Davis? I don't think you've mentioned him in a while. I haven't seen him around either lately" Jadi asks curiously.

"Oh yeah me and him broke up" I say nonchalantly opening the back door while Jadi sits up front with a shocked expression on her face. Shrugging my shoulders, "He broke up with me because we both have separate schedules and no time to see each other. I guess I understood where he was coming from".

"You guys didn't look good together anyway. Dude's a walking goofball" Damien says eavesdropping while starting the engine and backing out of the parking lot.

"Are you still upset over the fact he beat you in that NFL bullcrap video game?" Jadi laughs out loud. I join in too. "Literally just get over it, it's a game".

"Haha.. actually no. He is in fact a walking goofball. What does he even do besides attending parties, screwing every chick he sees, and acting like a mad dog. He's a loser, I never liked him".

"You do know you're talking about my ex, right? Let's discuss the females you've dated" I mention, crossing my arms and looking out the window. Now that I think about it to myself, what did I even see in him? I agree, he is a loser and very self-centered. The actual reason was that I'm the one who broke it off as soon as I caught with another girl near a cafe by campus. I'm too embarrassed to say it to these two because I'll definitely be hearing a lot of "I told you so". Davis was indeed a walking goofball who needs to grow a pair. I'm ashamed I called him my ex but at least I'm proud to say I didn't sleep with him.

Jadi hits Damien on the arm. "As if you don't go out partying yourself and flirting with every chick you see. Anyways, of course you understood him. You're literally the busiest one, when was the last time WE ever hung out??"

"Literally yesterday duh" I say.

"Oh no no. Do not count our study nights together. I mean as in a girls night out! We have to do that tonight".

"Aren't you going out with Damien tonight to see that cafe?"

"Well yeah but we are also gonna run over at a club after. You're definitely coming so be ready around 8pm sharp. I mean it"

"Ill think about it"

"Please, keep thinking about it. Take as long as you need" Damien says. I flick my middle finger in the car mirror so Damien can see. He flicks back.

"What is there to even think about?! We're just gonna go to a club with a couple of friends. Not too many people of course so you should definitely consider coming".

I slowly sigh. Maybe I actually do need a break from my classes, I've been burying my head into school work and picking up shifts from my job to keep myself busy. Even though it's Thursday, I should relax. Let myself loose from the stressfulness I've been feeling lately.

"Okay your right". I give in. "I'll go out tonight. I need to let off some steam"

"That's the Sarai I know! My best friend!" Jadi yells happily as I laugh.

A couple minutes pass until we arrive onto campus.