𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲. promises are broken

( darkest before dawn / act one )
episode three | stranger things

(      darkest before dawn      /      act one      )episode three  |   stranger things

❛ PROMISES ARE BROKEN ❜

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AURORA STOOD IN FRONT of her aunts, all of which watched her with worry in their eyes. She knew that she had terrified them with her antics that night and morning, but she needed to do this.

She had gotten Mikes scratchy radio call, after school had ended. He called her over there as quick as she could, it was urgent which led her to now. Aurora felt like she was at the principals office — which she had never actually been to, but if she had, this would be the feeling — with her aunts staring at her.

"I want to go to Mikes," Aurora pleaded. The color had slowly returned to her lips and her hands had effectively stopped shaking only thirty minutes ago.

"No." It was Merryweather that spoke, shocking Aurora as she was usually the aunt that preached about letting Aurora go out and have friends. "Do not give me that look Rory. You do not understand that fear you had me and your other aunts feeling this morning when we woke up and you were nowhere to be found. Your friend is missing, up and disappeared with nothing for the police to go off of. Do you want to be just like him?"

Aurora had tears welling up in her eyes as her aunt scolded her, "But—"

"No Aurora!" Fauna jumped in this time, "You do not get another say, you will go to school, as we drive you and you will come back. You do not get to see Mike, or Dustin or Lucas until William is found. No more night adventures in the woods, understand?"

Aurora could barely nod, a sob escaping her lips as she pushed herself to her room. She shut the door softly, hearing Flora speak in harsh whispers to her other Aunts.

Aurora screamed, throwing a pillow at the wall. Her mind and body began to shut down, and Aurora began crying harder in frustration, throwing another pillow at the wall before the feeling disappeared. She heard something fall outside her room, and softly cracked the door to see Flora and Fauna rushing around Mary, who seemed to just be sitting on the floor, resting against the couch.

Auroras head began pounding, but she pushed it aside as an after crying headache, "This is for Will," Aurora whispered to herself before cracking open her window and slipping out, just as she had done the night before.

She ran the whole way to Mikes house, and was out of breath by the time she had gotten to the home. Her breathing was labored as she opened the basement door, to find the party missing. Aurora crept up the stairs, and made sure no one saw her before hurrying up the stairs, into Mikes room.