Prologue

Looking back to the moment I last saw her, my heart hurts. She was so beautiful, god she was. I couldn't help but loose track of my words when I was around her, everything about her was so mesmerising that it was difficult to remember she was a human too. The last time I saw her was about an hour before they found her body, she called me and she sounded so urgent, but the thing is she didn't sound scared.

After a few moments of me attempting to find my phone amongst the blanket that had become a never ending sea, I looked at the caller I.D. and her name was there, big and bold across the screen "Alexandria." Of course I was a bit surprised that she was calling me at 4 in the morning, to tell you the truth I was surprised she was calling me at all considering whenever I spoke to her all that came out was a jumble of words that somehow managed to find their way into a sentence. When I answered I didn't even get a chance to say "hello" because she quickly told me that she needed to see me and that it really couldn't wait no matter how tired I was. I didn't know what to think, of course I hoped she was going to tell me how she had loved me back all this time, that she needed me in her life because without me her life would be meaningless but that's not why I went. I went because the urgency in her voice is one I've never come across. It was almost a plea but not quite. It was like I was the only person that could have saved her, and maybe I was.