ONE

*Bzzzz Bzzzzz*

The vibration was what woke me up. Turning in my bed I kicked my legs everywhere hoping to just kick my phone so I could find it. A few seconds later I was staring down at my screen. Her name lit up the screen, looking in the corner it was 4:07 am. Hesitantly I answered. The other line was silent but only for a split second before she spoke.

"Louis, I need to see you and I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't urgent, god can you, can you just come and pick me up?" Alexandria's voice was filled with a sort of plea. Nothing about the situation seemed to be real, like I was still dreaming. The same fatigue feeling possessing my body as I struggle to reply.

"Hm what? right now?" I manage through a yawn

"Yes Louis for god's sake wake up. This is important and I really need you to pick me up like right now!"

"Alex, what's up. Explain and then I'll come and pick you up" The seriousness of the situation finally settling in.

"Don't call me that for starts and look, I promise as soon as you pick me up I will explain everything I just really really need you to come and get me"

"Why can't you drive here yourself?" I ask, trying my hardest to stay calm and not over think everything.

"My parents took my car, god dammit and I just I need to get out of here and I really need to talk to you because if I don't do it now I won't get the chance too" I could hear her voice cracking as she spoke. I'd never expected her to call me for help.

"Okay, urh. Shit urh Okay I'm coming. I'll be there in ten minutes"

"I'll be waiting round the back okay, drive that way. I don't want my parents seeing me" I waited for a while. The line completely silent except for our shaking breaths both carrying the same scared feeling. The phone beeped to tell me that she had hung up and that I really needed to get out of bed and get her.

Throwing the covers off of me I rushed to squirm into the jeans hanging over the end of my bed, quickly doing them up before grabbing a hoodie from the small closet near the door. Grabbing my keys from the bowl on the side I flung myself down the stairs, not even trying to be quiet. Shoving my feet into the trainers rained with mud from camping the other night, not even bothering to undo the knots. I tried my hardest not to panic but, god was I so scared as I jumped into the silver jeep parked in the drive.

Shoving the key in the slot I turned it and soon I was driving down the main road heading to her house. It was only a ten minute drive but in the time that it took me I had probably composed 6 different scenarios as to what was going to happen. Turning my head lights off, I turned right onto the back of her road. My heart was beating so loud that I could hear it in my ears, feel it pumping in my chest. I heard a door slowly click into place and a gate creaking slightly as it split open, inch by inch. When the gate was open wide enough I managed to get a glimpse of her. Her auburn hair was falling in every direction sprawling across her head and down to reach her waist. She wore leggings that clung to her like it's the only thing they know, as well as this she had an old washed Pink Floyd band shirt and trainers that had their laces hanging undone. Her outfit shocks me because it's not anything I think she'd wear but when I take a moment to adjust she's the same perfect person she has always been. Even now, when the only thing illuminating her was the dull street lights, she looked beautiful and sitting here watching her I think maybe that's what love is. Looking at someone and think they're beautiful even when others would disagree.

The passenger door opened and she slid in buckling up as she closed it again. None of us said anything. We both just sat there in silence, but the silence wasn't really silence because it was filled with the burning questions we were both too afraid to say. I was juggling possible questions I should and shouldn't asked when she spoke;