Chapter 1: Gears for Fears

Y/n= Your name

L/n= Last name

Y/n POV

My name is Y/n L/n.  And, this is the story of how my life changed forever.

I'm a 3rd-Year Obelisk Blue student at Duel Academy.  My deck is mostly Spirit Monsters, with a few exceptions.  I'm the second most respected duelist in the Obelisk Blue dorm, right behind my long time best friend, Zane Truesdale.

Anyway.  One day, he, Dr. Crowler and I were summoned by Chancellor Shepperd to his office, along with 4 others; Bastion Misawa, Chazz Princeton, Alexis Rhodes and Jaden Yuki. 

 He told us we were to protect 3 cards known as The Sacred Beasts.  And told us if they were ever to see the light of day, it would literally be the end of the world as we know it.  So because of this, he tasked the 7 of us with keeping the 7 Spirit Keys safe.  He also warned us about 7 duelists called the Shadow Riders who sought to release those Sacred Beasts.  And would try to take the keys from us.  But, only if they can defeat us in a duel.  

Naturally, Jaden was first to jump in and accept.  Next was Zane.  Then, Bastion.  Then, Alexis.  Then, Chazz.  Then, me.  And finally, Dr. Crowler.  All that was left to do was wait.  And hope we were ready for what for what lay ahead.

Later

It had been pretty crazy around here, lately.  Even more than usual.  Jaden managed to defeat the first Shadow Rider; a masked Dragon duelist called Nightshroud.  But that duel took a lot out of him.  Not only that, but Nightshroud turned out to be Alexis's missing brother, Atticus.  We couldn't believe it. 

Now, we're hearing rumors about a vampire on the island.  And a female one, at that.  Some thought it was just a dumb prank someone was playing.  But we suspected those rumors might not be just that.  And that this lady vampire might be another Shadow Rider.  So, Chancellor Shepperd told us to be on guard.

So far, there has been no clear evidence of any vampires on the island.  But while I was arranging my deck, I saw something by my window; a really creepy-looking bat.  Just as I spotted the creepy creature, it promptly flew away.  'I dunno about vampires, but I think we might have a bat infestation.' I thought to myself.  We spent the whole day looking all over the island, and still found nothing.  But, that would soon change.

Later That Night

Bastion, Chazz, Dr. Crowler, Professor Banner, Zane and I all gathered in the Chancellor's office to tell him the results of our search.  "Good news, Chancellor.  We searched the whole campus.  And, there's no.." Chazz said confidently.  But Chumley finished his thought, running in and yelling "VAMPIRE!!!"  "What!?  You mean you saw her!?" I asked him, "Yeah.  She's at the lake." he told us.  So, that's where we headed.

At The Lake