Togruta Information

The Togruta were a sentient humanoid species, characterized by their colorful skin tones, large montrals, head tails, and white facial pigments. They hailed from the planet Shili, in the Expansion Region. Although Shili was their homeworld, they also had a colony of some 50,000 individuals on the planet Kiros, also in the Expansion Region. Some well known Togruta included the Jedi Master Shaak Ti, Jedi Master Jora Malli, Supreme Chancellor Kirames Kaj, and Padawan Ahsoka Tano.

Biology and Appearance:

Togruta are a species of sentient humanoids whose skin spanned a vast array of colors, including, orange, red, white, and yellow. These characteristics were a result of evolution; Togruta coloration was helpful as a method of camouflage from predators.

Togrutas were known to have multiple stomachs, however, their most notable features were the large organic head formations upon their heads; two large cone-like horns called montrals atop their skull, and three lekku, also known as headtails, that sprouted downward. Both a Togruta's lekku and montrals tended to grow until they reached maturity, with females generally having longer lekku than the males. The male's montrals, however, were more branched than the females.] The Togruta's montrals served as the auditory system and allowed them to sense the movement of objects around them through echolocation. Their echolocation evolved to aid them in hunting and was extremly powerful. They could sense up to 82 feet. Togrutas were also known to have 6 holes, (3 on each side) right where the lekku meet the jawline. The purpose of these external holes is unknown, but implied to be ears based on their location.

(I could find nothing on Togruta Marriage customs so no clue if this is cannon or fanon)

Marriage Customs:

First Phase:

The husband must go out into the wilds and live off the land for three months with no modern tools to aid him - he must learn to construct his own weapons by hand in case of intruders.

Second Phase:

The husband must capture and kill the elusive Akul, and bring back its corpse to the village by the end of the third month to be saved up for the wedding ceremony. He will have three days rest before the third phase - the rules forbid him to see his bride during those three days to avoid "emotional distractions".

Third Phase:

The husband treks up to the top of the mountains, and spends yet another three months in an isolated cave in deep meditation. Ancestors believe this will give the husband time to contemplate his life; what has happened to him in the past, what is happening to him in the present, and what could happen in the future. After three months - he will return down to his bride to prepare for their wedding ceremony; which lasts for two whole days.