𝙄𝙣𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮

"So students, are all of you excited?" The teacher said in delight, off course everyone was happy today as it was an important day in the life of every student in this academy, even the teachers were nostalgic this day. Every third year student goes on a field trip to a ruin where they work together with their seniours and make a report for it. If it is seen from someone elses point of view, it could be seen as nothing special, because lets be fair whats so special in writting a report. But for these students it felt like a dream come true, it was their first time getting to use the techniques they have worked years to learn, to have a report written under their name felt like a dream come true and everyone was looking forward to it.

"Each of you will make a group of two and pick a chit from this bowl, the name of the seniour you are going to work with is written in it. The further information about this program would be given to you by each of your seniours repectively. Now please dorm a line and no cutting in." Everyone stood patiently waiting for their turn.

"I hope it is somewhere that i wish to go, i dont want to go to a cemetry or something with graves that are thousands of years old." Delia stated.
"Fingers crossed lia, i hope its a good place too." Eliana sighed and then stepped forward, it was their turn next.
"I do not trust my luck, Lia you pick it up." Eliana whispered nudging delia a bit. "Fine"

Delia picked the chit as they both closed their eyes anxiously, they both took deep breaths and finally gaianing the courage they opened their eyes. It was not some nerdy seniour which meant it would be a good place. Both of them exhaled as if a huge mountain had shifted aside from their shoulders. They went towards the volunteer teacher waiting to show the students direction and inquired about where this seniour was, meekly the teacher pointed towards the seniour.
They talked to him about the work schedule and asked him to give them instructions about how to work under his directions.

Their plans settled, they embarked on this journey with a sense of anticipation. It was calm, the one day car ride was enough for them to prepare themselves for the step they were about to take in their life...or where they?

As they approached their destination, the seniour engaged them with a story, a story about the place they were about to visit. " Legends say that the place we are going to go was once the heart of a city, the palace used to shine mightily and the city had never been unhappy, the castle had a few rulers about whom no one knows now. The palace now is just a mystery about its heirarchy so who knows what we will find there." the seniour finally exhalled.
"But sir, isnt this place supposed to be a listed place for us to go visit it, atlast its a school program" Eliana chimed. "Well it should've been but i discovered this place 5 months ago myself and visited it once, it seemed very intresting and so i decided to bring you all here."

They talked more about the palaces imformation and the evening approached and so did their destination, the mountain was chaotically beautiful like colours splattered on a canvas, the lush vegetation was sign that no one has visited it for a while, the small mountain was calm and serene for one, but the vegetation, the flowy wind and the light noises from within made it no less than a mystery.

After parking the car downhill, everyone trekked towards the palace situated a bit below the topmost part of the mountain on a plain surface, From the first look the palace looked old and worn out but werent all old sites worn out? The walk seemed short because of the excitement they all held, atlast they reached, they reached the first site they would excavate in their life. Since it was almost evening they decided to set up a tent first, since they would start the excavation tommorow.

"I want to go inside." Delia exclaimed, she looked so desperate. "We are going to go inside tommorow Delia, we do not know what lies there and its already night, i dont think its a good idea, plus this tent is safer than that palace, atleast it wont fall apart in one step." Eliana said in a higher voice. Well she was right, but something in Delia didn't seem to calm down, she felt as if the palace was calling for her, as if this was meant to be. Yet because Eliana wouldn't let her go she finally decided to calm down. Atlast they decided to sleep for now, since it was mostly dark now, and the tent had security which would protect them from wild animals.

4:35am, thats what Delias watch showed. She had spent the entire night trying to sleep but her mind wouldnt let her, there was a constant knocking in her head, like someone urged her to go there, just once. There were voices in the back of her mind telling her to listen to the vonstant intrusive thoughts. It all felt like adrenaline rush. Finally she decided to let herself go and listen to those tiny little intrusive voices, quickly gathering her equipments and bag she got up from her place and walked out of her tent, it was still fairly dark but a few rays of hazy sunshine illuminated the surroundings. The chirping of birds could be heard everywhere but there was no animal in sight. Walking upto the wooden door of the palace she stood there silently for a moment, pondering if she should really do this.

Lost in the thoughts she did not notice the hand that grabbed her shoulder, and in panic she hit the person the peraon on their face. "Ah, lia what the heck are you doing!?" The seniour exclaimed. "Shit, oh my god sir i am really sorry, i did not notice it was you."
"Yes you should be, that hit almost made me lose my teeth lia." But after seeing Delias guilty face the seniour gave in "Okay fine, i will let you go this once just because i am impressed by your self protection skills" he said calmly. "I am sorry sir, i will mind myself next time" Delia said looking down. "Anyways, what are you doing here madam? With your your bag and equipments, were you trying to go in alone?" The seniour said with a raised eyebrow. "No sir, i wasn't obviously, i was just looking" Delia lied.
"Yeah just looking, sure" seniour said with a hint of sarcasm. "Wait for an hour more, we are going to go in anyways."
"I am sorry sir, i can't wait anymore. My head feels like its is going to explode from the wait." Delia said sternly. " Fine wait for me, do not open it yourself".

After waiting for 5 minutes Delia felt like her seniour was taking too much time, doing god knows what. She did not want to disobey him but her mind was in chaos, she did not know what to do and impulsively pushed the door. Soft winds with dust hit her face, closing her eyes she stumbled in.
A soft melody echoed the palace, this melody..she knew it, it was as if her dreams had came to life. The darkness of the palace was opposed by the small rays of sunshine illuminating the molded walls, ruffled curtains and the beautiful purple flowers. Delia slowly opened her eyes, blinking to get the dust of her lashes. The beauty of the palace swallowed her, she walked in as if in trance. She looked in awe at every small detail of the palace. Now she understood why the legend said this was the heart of the city, it looked like the palace was made out of gold. Slowly she walked towards the thrones the middle of the room. The golden thrones covered with what looked like a white cloth was situated on top of a red carpet. Sapphires and rubies were embedded in the throne.

But that wasn't what drew her attention, a singular large piece of canvas stood in front of the throne in the middle. It was draped with a white cloth too. She moved towards the painting causiously, as if she knew it would crumble with a single touch. Shakily she removed the white cloth on the painting and what she saw was mesmerising.
She felt she would fall in love with the beauty of this painting amd she moved further to touch the painting.

Suddenly, a voice resounded through the castle, loud enough to send shivers down her spine. "Help me, Delia!"