Prologue.

Redemption could mean lots of things in a perspective of a person. But to Al Simmons it's not in his dictionary.

Ever since his return to earth he wonders what if his son never died, if Wanda never had a miscarry. If he had a child of his own. Not cyan but someone else...

On a rooftop as the scarlet shroud flows from the wind and the moon shines upon the alleyway. Looking at a family but it seemed out of place like a memory but not his own. The family walks towards the alley as the young boy was happy that his parents took him to the theatre's as the mother who was chuckling as her son's enthusiasm and the father smiling.

The hellspawn guides down as his presence is unknown to the family , their lips were moving but the sounds were audible they were having a conversation. As spawn sees this he wonders if life were to be different if his unborn son never died.

As he wonders this a armed man comes out the shadows and after a moment of a few seconds grabbed the pearls around the mother, as the father steps in but shot in the head as the mugger shot the woman on the chest as the pearl necklace broke and scattered on the ground, the mugger flew away into the shadows once more.

The boy who witnessed their parents death was too stunned to do anything, speak, run away even hesitated to cry. Suddenly the boy and parents faded away as a man with a bat symbol on his chest walked beside spawn.

Spawn: "This is where your parents died?"

The man: "Yes, and that turn me into who I am now."

Spawn looked up at the alley still wondering about if he had a son.

Spawn: "Worlds a fucked up place for parents."

The man nods as a light from the sky showed a bat.

The man: "Looks like they got something."

Spawn looks at the light.

Spawn: "Do you ever feel corny when that shows in the sky?"

The man: "It shows that I'm always here in the shadows."

Spawn: "That's fucking stupid."

He says as the man used his grappling hook to a rooftop as spawn vanishes in the shadows.

The thought of a son inside of spawns head was repeating over and over.

Somewhere in the burning pits of an evil and dark place a clown could be crackling as his face could be described as a light bulb lit.