3 - Wedding night

Iswari Pov

We entered a room and I saw the dim lighting and decoration of the room. Girls who helped me to come in the room giggled a little. I looked around in shock. I payed attention to every single thing in that room. The room was very big, decorated by red and white roses. There were dim lights in the room. Lamps on the night stand near to the bed. And the glass of milk. I'm not ready for this. It's an arrange marriage, how do they even expect us to do such things on our first night. Plus I cannot imagine doing it with someone else whom I don't love. When I love someone else. I can't. Girls made me sit on the bed and one of them said.

"Don't make too much noise, bhabhi"

A girl said and other started laughing. They were laughing not knowing my situation. It was not like I was feeling shy or something. But I was not ready to do it with someone else than him. I love him. I was forced into this marriage. I don't know how I was going to spend my life without him. I pinched my finger with my index finger and thumb of other hand thinking all this. No. I will not do that with him. I will tell him not to. I have the right to say no. My consent matters. Right?

"Ghabrana mat bhabhi, jitna hum jaante hain, bhaiya utne bhi bereham nahi hain"

A girl said and other others giggled. They made me sit on the bed properly, like a typical bride. I was sitting on bed with my knees close to my chest and my arms wrapped around my knees. My fingers were playing with each other trying to gain confidence to say him a single word. "No". I have decided to say that to him, but what if he raises his hand on me or forces himself on me? I was feeling nervous and scared all of the sudden after thinking this. My father did not like to hear no from me. Will he be like my father? Will he also hit me if I say no to him? The girls were gossiping when we heard sound of a cough. Girls set there dupatta a little and then went outside. I did not even dare to look up. Just a thought of seeing a man glaring at me was making me feel scared. Oh god! Please help me! I heard him latching the door and coming towards me. His footsteps were kind off echoing in the big room. He sat near me. That was the moment when I could hear my heartbeats in my ear. My chest was going up and down a little in nervousness. How will I tell him that I don't want to do it?

I felt him holding the hem of my veil and gently lifting it up. I lowered my gaze, nearly closing my eyes. He lifted the veil and gently placed it on my head. I was not having any courage to look up at him. Suddenly I felt as if he whispered something to himself making me look up at him. It was the first time that I saw his face. Not going to lie, He was adorable. It's not like I fell for him, I am just stating a fact. He is adorable. He has those beautiful, big brown eyes. His lashes were long and thick, those lashes were something every girl would want. His eyebrows were thick and blackish brown, matching his hair colour. His cheek was having a pink tint on it. His beard, as I told earlier, was well trimmed and shaped making his face look even more handsome. My eyes lastly fell on his lips. Those dark pink lips were looking like rose petals. His lips were plump and were having a little moisture on them. His face looks innocent, as if he never raised his hand on someone or never spoke to someone in rude tone. His face was reflecting almost same nervousness like me. His eyes were fluttering from my one eye to another as if trying to look deep into them. I blinked twice and broke the eye contact and looked down. He looked in the other direction and asked.

"Umm.. what's your name?"

I looked up at him thinking what kind of question is this? How come he does not know his wife's name? But then I remembered that I was in the same situation, I did not know his name either. I looked down and said.

"Iswari Sahni"

I stuttered a little. He looked up at me and few words left his mouth.

"Iswari Veer Pratap Singh, now"