Chapter 1: Game Start!

[...in lunar flame!]

Jingliu leaped and prepared to slash with her sword as her eyes turned blood red and then a rain of ice blade fell on the enemies, decimating them.

A guy was playing Honkai: Star Rail alone at his home. He used his Jingliu's Ult to finish off the final phase of the Boss: Swarm.

"Ok, that's done and dusted..." He sighed in relief as he was able to finally finish his Swarm Disaster run and laid down on his bed while raising his phone up.

"Still, I think using my allowance to get a E1 S1 Jingliu is overkill, but I don't regret it."

He saved for about 2-3 months while skipping Luocha, Kafka, Dan Heng: IL, Fu Xuan, so he definitely needed to say that to make himself feel better.

As he was about to complete the run, a notification popped up on his phone.

Now, he was pretty surprised as his messages were pretty barren, except for messages like group activities and clubs, so he was surprised to find that it was from an unknown number of...

42069 247.

...

He ignored the number and looked to the message that was attached.

"A good morning, afternoon, or evening to where ever you are in the universe! I am Aha, the Aeon of Elation! This is an invitation for you to join the Masked Fools-"

He didn't need to read it as he closed his phone. He was tired from staying up at night and just had enough energy to finish a Swarm Disaster run, so he was about to put it on his bedside table before another ring came from his phone.

He decided to check it again and saw it was from the same number.

"Sorry, that recruitment message was supposed to be for another person. Anyway, this message is for you to be invited to be a player of a 'game' I'll make!"

[The Aeon of Elation, Aha, has invited you to participate in a game called 'Aha's Gamer']

[Y/N]

[Warning: Once you join, there's no turning back.]

The guy gave it a suspicious glance.

"Ok...? I know I'm not drunk or high, so what the hell is this?"

This was only seen in those fanfics he read!

Weighing his options, he decided to do something to his phone.

'Just in case this is a troll to get my IP or my account details...'

He wasn't some tech-guy, but knowing enough to protect your digital privacy is something that is quite important nowadays.

"Ok, now for the choice."

He shrugged.

"Yes."

Suddenly his phone blacked out and a voice spoke to him from it.

[Haha! Thank you for participating in my Single Player game, "Aha's Gamer". Let's talk about the details in a better place. See you!]

That was the last thing he heard as he felt pain across his body, like he was being sucked into a huge vacuum.

The phone floated across from him and created a miniature black hole that absorbed him whole.

The guy was gone, and the phone was absorbed along with him. A few moments pass and the miniature black hole disappeared, like it was never there.

With the Player...