A New Friend

Leo grinned.
"So you're a samurai? That's cool, I'm a ninja."

"Ewww..." Usagi said playfully, Leo narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding... Ninjas are cool too."

Leo laughed and looked around. "I bet you wanna get outta this alley."

"That'd be- great actually." Usagi said, following Leo out of the alley.

They stood outside of the alley, awkwardly.

"Well, where are you from, Usagi?" Leo asked, cocking his head to the side to look at him.

"Oh I'm from Neo Edo, it's a city quite a ways away from here. I road by train to here, and arrived just this morning." Usagi said, looking at Leo.

"Ohh really? And you became the next champion in just a day-? That's- impressive-" Leo's voice trailed off, saying the last bit quietly.

Usagi giggled, "Thank you! I'm hoping to become stronger while fighting for Miss Mama."

"Oh you're working for that hag? Yuck!" Leo made a grossed out face at the mention of Big Mama.

"What's wrong with Miss Mama? She seemed pretty nice to me?" Usagi asked, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"Ehh- me and my brothers have had some bad experiences with her in the past-"

"Oh- interesting..."

"Oh wait-" Leo had pulled out his phone, checking the time. "Shi- Shoot, I gotta go." Leo said.

"You got somewhere to be Leo?" Usagi asked while grinning.

"Yeah my dad wanted me back before dark, here wait-" Leo rummaged through his belt pocket, pulling out a pen and paper, he scribbled a phone number on it and handed it to Usagi.

"You seem cool, I think we could be great friends. Here's my phone number, you have a cellphone right?" Leo asked Usagi, handing him the paper.

Usagi took the paper and looked at it, then back up to Leo. "What's a cell-phone?"

"You...Ok have you been locked in a time capsule for like ninty years?!" Leo asked making a confused face.

Usagi giggled and blushed embarrassed. "No- just have lived on a secluded farm for my entire life up until recently."

Leo laughed, "Oh alright,  farmboy, I'll see you around. If you can find out what a cellphone is maybe you could even call me, see ya!" Leo turned around and waved bye before drawing his sword. He spun it in a circular motion and a large portal opened up. He stepped into it and vanished.

Usagi waved him bye and looked up to Spot, who was still sitting on his shoulder. "He was an interesting guy wasn't he?" Usagi giggled and Spot barked something excitedly.

"We should get back to the hotel, I'm pretty tired."

★★★
[ The Turtle Lair/8:03 PM ]

Leonardo climbed down into the sewers, and hopped off the ladder onto the floor.

His brothers were sitting together, Mikey was playing a video game, laying on his stomach. Donnie and Raph were watching Mikey play. Raph heard Leo come in and he turned his head around.

"Oh hi Leo! Where did you run off to?" Raph asked standing up.

"Oh I was just hanging out with a new friend." Leo said smugly.

"Gasp- Leo has a friend?!" Donnie said turning around.

"I have plenty of friends Donnie!" Leo said in protest.