✿ assassin ✿

IMPORTANT: reread chapter ONE if you've forgotten the details to better understand this chapter. because shit's about to hit the fan.

x caryl

SIX

"Alessandra, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" Heath growled, marching towards Leah and I.

The crowd of werewolves parted like the red sea for him, and he strode towards me, a scowl on his face.

"I'm stepping on her, what does it look like I'm doing?" I said sarcastically.

(a/n: shit alex is literally omfg BAE.)

"That wasn't what I meant," Heath's scowl deepened. "You're disrupting training, and you've only gotten here five minutes ago."

He came to a stop in front of me, crossing his arms over his chest.

I ignored how delicious his arms looked flexing, and instead glared up at him.

"Oh I'm sorry for disrupting your lesson by defending myself. I'll make sure to just stand there the next time someone decides to force me into an impromptu spar," I snapped, eyes blazing with anger.

Heath returned a heated glare of his own but remained silent.

By now, everyone had halted their training to crowd around us, their eyes fixated on Heath and I, anticipating and waiting for whatever was going to happen next.

The air was silent and tense, as Heath and I silently glared at each other, daring the other to back down.

The still silence got broken when a voice spoke up.

"Did anyone forget I'm still on the fucking ground?" Leah snapped.

I tore my eyes away from my glaring match with Heath to glance down at the red-faced blonde sprawled like a starfish on the ground.

Oops.

I removed my foot that was keeping her pinned to the ground, and she leapt to her feet, scowling and swiping at the mud stain on her T-shirt front.

When she was done, she looked up and glared at me, hatred shining in her eyes.

I glowered back at her, a deep scowl on my face.

"Everyone back to training," Heath snapped, his eyes roving the crowd.

Everyone instantly dispersed and scurried away, avoiding eye contact with Heath's glower, and training resumed in less than 30 seconds like the fight had never happened.

When Leah didn't budge and continued glaring at me, Heath continued, "That includes you too, Leah."

Leah reluctantly dragged her gaze away from mine.

"Yes, Alpha Heath," she said curtly, and she shot me one last glare before spinning on her heel, her ponytail almost smacking me across the face, and marching off to where her sparring partner was waiting.

...And then there were two.

I kept my arms crossed, glaring up at him defiantly.

"What will it take for you to stop causing trouble?" Heath said, jaw clenched.

I smiled sardonically. "Simple, let me go."

Heath scowled. "No."

I scoffed. "Then I guess I'll just continue causing trouble." I shrugged and turned to walk away.