The First Step

We open up to a beautiful day on Earth; everything appears normal with blue skies, green grass, and people fighting. Wait, what?!? Yes, that's right, folks, but this isn't your normal fight. They are engaged in a soul battle with phantoms—heroes and villains from other worlds—granting them special powers and abilities to combat each other. Each phantom is different from the last, and special individuals called Duelists can wield them. There is a special academy for teaching these Duelists, but soon we focus on our main character.

?????: Driving his bike in a rush, pedaling like a maniac "AHHHHH, I'M GONNA BE LATE!!!"

Our main character is running late to this academy, but he is special as he is unable to make a contract with a phantom. However, he has been having strange dreams of a door. Pedaling away, he failed to notice a kid, standing at 6'8, casually strolling on the sidewalk with a katana strapped to his side.

???: Yawning, he found today to be boring, not expecting his life to change.

?????: "GANGWAY!!" He rushes beside the guy on his bike, pedaling like a maniac.

The 6'8 boy sidesteps, skillfully avoiding the maniac who runs into a stump.

?????: "Owwwww." He soon laughs. "Hahaha, maybe dad was right. I should look before I leap."

???: "That, and perhaps cut back on the coffee." he said coldly staring at the boy who crashed at a stump not sensing any phantom energy in him which was odd in this world.

????: "But I don't drink coffee. Wait, it's you!!" He points at him with a sudden realization, his eyes widening.

??: Stands by the front gate of the academy, glancing at his watch, his impatience evident as he taps his foot while waiting for the MC. "Ok, where is he... he should be here; it's not like he's late or something."

??: Umm, yeah, did I do something to you?

????: He rises from his spot with a determined look. "Make me your rival!!" Passion resonates in his voice.

??: Deadpans. "Do you seriously go around yelling at people to demand they make you their rival?"

????: "Nope, but I need to be your rival because I shall be the next phantom champion!!"

???: Sweatdrop intensifies. "...Do you even know my name?"

???: "Why do I get the feeling he just asked someone to be his rival?" His eye twitches as he frustratedly dials the MC's number

???: "Why do I get the feeling he just asked someone to be his rival?" His eye twitches as he frustratedly dials the MC's number. "Oi! Dude, where are you?" The blue and black-haired boy engages in a conversation on his phone with the MC, his impatience and concern evident in the way he talks.

 "Oi! Dude, where are you?" The blue and black-haired boy engages in a conversation on his phone with the MC, his impatience and concern evident in the way he talks