chapter four

season one. episode; three

____________________

GRAHAM: We didn't really understand addiction back then. I mean, I thought he'd just dry out. Things would go back to the way they used to be.

VALERIA: I didn't know what to say to Billy again when I saw him again. Graham brought him back and Warren welcomed him with open arms. But me? I just didn't know what to say to him.

____________________

The four of then watched as the car pulled up

The four of then watched as the car pulled up. And as soon as Billy got out, Warren was the first to speak. "My man!" he shouted as he walked over to give him a hug. "Looks good on you." Billy told him after pulling away from the hug, referring to the mustache Warren grew. "It's not to bad."

After that Karen hugged him. "You good?" The blonde asked and Billy slightly nodded. "Been worse." He told her, "Pittsburgh on three?" Warren chuckled but it was clear that Billy wasn't in the mood. Warren dropped his hand and patted Billy's back instead.

"Hey, man, I... I got to show you this bass–" Eddie walked over with the bass he had made but Graham stopped him. "Hey, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. Just give him a minute, man. He's got to meet his daughter." Graham told them all before walking back.

"Yeah, but it's good to see you guys." That was the last thing Billy said before walking over to the house. "Welcome home, man." Warren said one last thing to his friend before Billy walked inside.

____________________

EDDIE: The label dropped us a week after the tour was canceled

WARREN: They made us pay back our advance and everything.

GRAHAM: I kept us practicing as much as I could... and got a job at a body shop.

WARREN: Yeah, I was working down at
Malibu Harbor cleaning boats, which I loved, and, uh, and doing a lot of mushrooms. Which I also loved.