four.

HARRIET PERCIVAL AMES BROWN WAS BORN ON THE 27TH OF APRIL, A PARTICULARLY SUNNY DAY.

 Her father was born on the 26th of August, a rainy and frosty day.

That opposition was like their personalities.

Harriet can always remember that day. The last day she saw her mother.

It was another hot day, and the sun was beating down on everyone. It was not alike what usually happened, when the entire neighbourhood was out and enjoying the sun.

Harriet was 15 when her mother left. 

She's 17 now.

Harriet's mother was a kind soul to all who loved her. And to all who hated her; they would get the obligation of being ignored.

At the time, young Harriet wouldn't be sure what to say; so she just scowled. She was good at that.

She'd twirl Harriet around and around, smiling as the two girls enjoyed each other's company.

And that's when something happened.

There was a heavy knock on the door, loud enough that it made Harriet flinch. Her mother had a look of fear in her brown eyes; one Harriet had never seen before in her life.

Harriet was pushed into the bathroom, her mother going to answer the door.

She never came back.

Harriet peeked out of the bathroom door, looking out into the empty living room. 'Mom?' There was a pause as she lightly kicked the sliding door open, looking left and right for her mother. 'Mom!' There was no reply.

Harriet's gaze wandered to the front door, and felt her stomach drop when she realised it was open. 'Mom?' Her voice was barely a whisper as she sucked in a sharp breath. 

Harriet ran outside, looking for any sign of her mom. She searched for three hours.

Nobody was on the road. 

Harriet Percival Brown collapsed in a tangle of limbs to the ground and started to sob.

a/n: hi...so a bit of angst :( poor harriet doesn't know what happened to her mother! but i think you guys can guess who took her ☃ i keep writing short chapters; i promise the next one will be longer though :)

love yall,

xo, -cie✦