જ⁀➴ Part 6

Zhong Chenle

But everybody's gotta go on, don't they?
So if you need a hero
Just look in the mirror

He smiled at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, practicing how to have the perfect smile. He was going to be noticed this year, he swore he would be.

Chenle was never spared a second glance in the past 3 years he was in high school. Maybe he was cold, or stand-offish, or not interesting enough to be looked at a second time, but whatever the case, this year, he'd be the best he could be, and hopefully others would like that about him.

"Chenle! Mr Zhong!"

Upon hearing his name called by whomever, Chenle hopped out of his room and down the stairs. He was greeted by the warm smile of his mother, looking radiant as ever. That was how he saw her. She was perfect. He'd never love anyone like he loved her.

"Hello, Chenle." She said to the boy with soft eyes. They were the shape of almonds and the colour of poppy seeds. "You look rather dashing today." She said in a mocking posh accent, "You hoping to impress a girl with your fresh looks?" She raised her eyebrow slightly, grinning at the boy.

"I go to a boys only school, mother" Chenle coincidentally (purposefully) forgot to mention he wasn't all that interested in girls, but that worked out in both their favours. He couldn't even begin to think of what would happen if she found out. Of course, he'd always love her, if she'd always love him, he wasn't too sure.

As one of the richest families in the vast area, the Zhongs had a standard to live up to, at least, within their own family. Prodigy after prodigy was produced like a factory.

"You should get to school. Your driver's been waiting."
"Driver?"
"From your father's company."
"Thats... new"
"Of course, it isn't very old now is it?"

He grinned at his mother's remark, and scurried out the door.

It never hit him until then that his family was rich, like he knew they were rich, but he never realised they were rich.

He looked back on the house they lived in. It was a pretty massive house. Scratch that, it was a humble mansion. He'd never really payed attention to his assets before that morning.

He loaded his bag and viola case into the black rolls royce, but he couldn't help but find it awkward, not even saying hello to the driver. Whatever, there was too much to plan for Chenle to worry about befriending him.

Who would he sit with? What would they talk about? Would people like his hair? Would people recognise him? Etc.

His thoughts blurred past him, along with the scene of a highly anticipated wednesday morning.

I hope I'll have friends this year.

જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴જ⁀➴  ♡

Immediately as his foot hit the ground, Chenle could tell people were judging him. His argyle print collared shirt, his dyed brown hair, his freezing hands, and the voila case in them. He felt the eyes of too many, and while they were definitely sparing him a second glance, nobody spared him their voice.

That was, until someone spared him a sound. He tripped over himself, leaving Chenle to help him up.

"Shit, are you alright?" He asked, offering his hand to the boy below him. The boy grabbed his hand and hauled himself up.

God, he's strong, why's he squeezing so hard?

"Who are you?" Chenle asked. The boy looked familiar yet he couldn't place his finger on why that was.